8.25 outing in jamaica bay NY

G

Went out for a nice day of boating and fishing. Water was like glass. I get annoyed with my speed at wot when water is so calm feels like i am barely moving (maybe santa will bring me a 25hp for Christmas). Caught some porgies and saved a fellow boater whos engine room was on fire. My brand new vhf radio came in handy (bought the cheap cobra one off ebay. Did not even take my backup good ol' mercury held up well.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Went out for a nice day of boating and fishing. Water was like glass. I get annoyed with my speed at wot when water is so calm feels like i am barely moving (maybe santa will bring me a 25hp for Christmas). Caught some porgies and saved a fellow boater whos engine room was on fire. My brand new vhf radio came in handy (bought the cheap cobra one off ebay. Did not even take my backup good ol' mercury held up well.
Great job. I bet the hard sided boats won't make fun of the Sibs in the bay anymore. Did you call the CG or the crazy water police? Now rescuing that boat was a true Kodak moment. Did they at least buy you a beer

G

So the Coast Guard showed up in there Zodiac
No that was actually Nyc fire department water rescue. They towed him to the marina. Dude did not have a fire extinguisher or any life vests and they did not ticket him. Funny part is there boat os actually not an inflatable(looks like it is) it is actually a very hard foam material. They had 3 300hp outboards, god damn they can fly

ronaldj

Wow He has a bunch of fines coming. How many Porgies did you catch

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
damn dude... you are on fire!!!! I meant that figuratively. Getting out every week and catching fish every time!!1 The force is strong with you. lol. Sucks I couldn't get out Monday but I will be there This coming Monday, Lord willing and the creek don't rise! Lol. I hear you on that 25... i Sooooooooooo want one for Xmas but i'm afraid i've been too bad for Santa's purposes... So.... gotta find one myself. ;) had my hear set on that Suzuki but it is far from a no brainer at this point. anyways... See ya Monday... the ladt unofficial hurrah for the summer but quite a few more weeks of fishing/ boating weather permitting. @RonaldJ... really wish we could have all gotten out for that jersey trip. Looks like maybe things have turned the corner at work... they have rolled back the standards on account of someone way up realized they are essentially unattainable for all but the truly gifted (I ain't one) and the Agency would have had 65-75 of the staff on production review. maybe they will ease up on the mandatory OT for the the first few weeks in fall!

Maakx

Cadet
wow dude excellent job you went solo... I was out at 6.30 pm water was calm but I didn't caught anything now I know why you got all the big ones ...BTW I got my RIB register and owner ship transfer so I'm all set . I'll be out coming Friday.. monday wont work for me labor day I have to work..

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Glad you are all registered... don't forget fishing license... the stop boys are definitely getting nit-picky... cordial... respectful... but nit-picky nonetheless. How's Tues @ MaakX? I think Weimed has the day and I do too!! ;)

G

Glad you are all registered... don't forget fishing license... the stop boys are definitely getting nit-picky... cordial... respectful... but nit-picky nonetheless. How's Tues @ MaakX? I think Weimed has the day and I do too!! ;)
Just got word fedor is coming tuesday

ronaldj

damn dude... you are on fire!!!! I meant that figuratively. Getting out every week and catching fish every time!!1 The force is strong with you. lol. Sucks I couldn't get out Monday but I will be there This coming Monday, Lord willing and the creek don't rise! Lol. I hear you on that 25... i Sooooooooooo want one for Xmas but i'm afraid i've been too bad for Santa's purposes... So.... gotta find one myself. ;) had my hear set on that Suzuki but it is far from a no brainer at this point. anyways... See ya Monday... the ladt unofficial hurrah for the summer but quite a few more weeks of fishing/ boating weather permitting. @RonaldJ... really wish we could have all gotten out for that jersey trip. Looks like maybe things have turned the corner at work... they have rolled back the standards on account of someone way up realized they are essentially unattainable for all but the truly gifted (I ain't one) and the Agency would have had 65-75 of the staff on production review. maybe they will ease up on the mandatory OT for the the first few weeks in fall!
I would love to come up but I'm busy getting ready to go to the Fort Mchenry celebration. The cool part is that the CG has released all the info for anybody who wishes to come by boat. http://www.starspangled200.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SSS2014BoatingSafetyZones.pdf I am going to program my gps to all the CG info so I don't get boarded

ronaldj

Are you going by boat Ronald?
Yes. That is the plan. I'm waiting for the approval to see just how close I can get. I think it would be cool to do that. Sinistre1 and I went pass Fort Mchenry when he was down here. We didn't go to the tie up area thou. I went over to the CG marker and then went down river. I think I can get closer by boat than I can by driving.