replace floor

deltaskipperbob

Recruit
severn/boatus 11.2
looking to replace the pillow floor with a rigid one.
HELP!!!!!!!
I am new member here.
Thanks

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What is wrong with the current floor? Can it be repaired if holed? Unless you can find a pattern you are on your own for making a floor. Plus the side rails are probably not something that can be made cost effectively as a one off, if they are extruded aluminum. Buying one might be a better option. Found this on the web. "BoatU.S. 11.2 by Severn Boats: This 11-footer is the other model we looked at with a high-pressure Hypalon floor. Also available with either a roll-up hinged PVC floor or an interlocking plywood-panel floor, it’s the only boat in this group that offers the option of switching between three floor types. Because the floors are interchangeable, you could choose to carry more than one type of floor and switch them to suit the circumstances—air floor for inland excursions by car, wood floor for fishing the reef off Belize. The boat is made of Hypalon (Orca 828) and is sealed with double-butted seams, which use fabric glued along the inside as well as the outside of each seam to prevent any failure. The boat lacks the sheer of the others in this group, but the V is slightly deeper. Because of the selling power of BoatU.S., these boats are budget-friendly."

deltaskipperbob

Recruit
Peter C
thanks for your reply.
That is the boat.
Severn is no longer around.
I have the "high pressure floor" and there is nothing wrong with it, just want a rigid one.
Do not have the side pieces but do have the inter-locking ones for the sections.
It is a great boat and i have had much use out of it.
Thanks again

Peter_C

Petty Officer 2nd Class
but do have the inter-locking ones for the sections.
What parts do you have? Pictures? Either way you are going to need the side pieces or make up a one piece floor if it can even be fitted. Maybe a two piece if the bow angles up. Without seeing it in person there is no way to determine if it can be done. I couldn't fab one up for my Zodiac and wouldn't try. Instead I would just start searching on Ebay and goodle. I found that info on google by typing in "severn 11.2 boat" and it popped up. Are you using a pressure gauge to make sure your floor is pumped high enough? You may well be stuck with it.

deltaskipperbob

Recruit
Peter,
Thanks again.
I will be watching amazon,ebay and craigslist for something.
Just found this forum and it seems great like my crossfireforum.org for crossfire owners.
thanks again
bob