4 Stroke Dilema

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Assume will need to install a sort of engine stand on truck's hooper next to crane to raise engine from stand, seat on transom and viceverse procedure so crane system works as intended.

Happy Boating

lemondrop9344

Seaman
Crane and motor stand upgrades are completed. Stand has 2 big wheels at its base and 2 swiveling small wheels on the handles. Motor and stand are loaded on an off the pickup with ramps and a block and tackle arrangement. Block & and tackle has a 5 - 1 mechanical advantage and with the ramps and two top wheels it rolls up and down the ramp easily. Best done on a fairly level place. After the motor and stand are removed from the pickup bed, I inflate the Achilles with Beachmaster launching wheels down. Assemble the hydraulic crane into the pickup receiver and lift the motor up off the stand and roll the boat under neath the motor so the transom of the boat is now under the motor. Release the hydraulic ram lowering the motor on to the transom.

Keep in mind, I required a setup which could be dis-assembled so as to be transported within the available space and storage of a motor home and small pickup bed.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Can you make a video of how all this works. You may have solved our 4 stroke weight issue. Also do you have to have a pickup for the Crain. I was thinking about putting it on one of those storage stands that you use to haul coolers or wheelchairs with a small SUV or wagon

lemondrop9344

Seaman
Will try to get it on video as I'm going to do a dry run prior to our next trip. Crane can be made to work with any receiver.

lemondrop9344

Seaman
No Title

up the ramp.jpg hanging free.jpg back on the stand.jpg Not a video but a series of pictures. ready to assemble.jpg ready to lift.jpg ready to lift.jpg motor attachment.jpg

Attachments

• photo207855.jpg
    photo207855.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207856.jpg
    photo207856.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ready to assemble.jpg
    ready to assemble.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207857.jpg
    photo207857.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • motor attachment.jpg
    motor attachment.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207858.jpg
    photo207858.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207858.jpg
    photo207858.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207859.jpg
    photo207859.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ready to lift.jpg
    ready to lift.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 0
  • up the ramp.jpg
    up the ramp.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo207860.jpg
    photo207860.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 0

lemondrop9344

Seaman
Not a video, but, some pictures of trial to see if it would really work. Sorry the pictures are not in sequential order. You can see when the motor is hanging free at the end of the crane the need for the ground to be level. Even level it will probably swing towards the tailgate of the truck. At any rate, it will be easy to lower it on to the transom as well as remove it. Level ground would help when putting motor back on stand as the motor wants to tile the stand back. You can see the base up under the mount. Loading or unloading the motor with the ramps is a function of pulling or releasing the line on the block & tackle and making sure the little wheels on the front (they swivel} stay on the ramps. If necessary, I believe I could accomplish the entire job by myself if I had to.