Scrapped the bench seats

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got my seat frame and went to install so I removed the worthless rear bench and put in the seat assembly. I needed enough room for my 6'3" frame and using the tiller with arms that have a 37" sleeve is cumbersome. Stinking front bench is in the way for comfort. Out it went. These things don't have enough room to have to work around those benches. Guests have a choice to sit on the floor or do a balancing act on the tubes. Wife has dibs on the floor in the bow. Test run this coming Monday.

Attachments

• photo204504.jpg
    photo204504.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo204505.jpg
    photo204505.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Bill.... I was just looking at this and I'm going to make my own out of PVC and attach a 1/2" ply board to mount the seat. I actually moved my bench seat up to the first set of handles (I know... Shouldn't do that) today and it was night and day.... Got on a plane and cruised nicely at 17mph so I can't wait to get this frame done and seats in! Yours looks very nice!

ronaldj

I love the seat frame. In fact I'm modifying it to use two seats

G

I would end up in the water with the seat if I put it into my boat due to the chop we jump when we go to open water

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I would end up in the water with the seat if I put it into my boat due to the chop we jump when we go to open water
It sits lower than the benches and would seem more secure then those. But I agree when it gets rough ya better hang on.

ronaldj

It's because of the chop that I sometimes sit with my chairs mounted to the floor. I'm also trying to get weight in the middle of the boat to keep the bow down.