Nice inflatable boat trailer

G

1800 plus shipping? Lmao you can buy a jetski trailer and do the same for 500

ssobol

Chief Petty Officer
You can buy a "regular" boat trailer and change the bunks for a lot less than $1800 even if you buy new. A new trailer for my 16' RIB was $795 new.

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Yeah.... In thinking about one if those harbor freight trailers but have heard horror stories about using it in salt water

mrdrh99

Good to know.... Probably will be on next year's shopping list

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Yes I have gone the cheap route with my first trailer too. Look at my boat pic and you will see a $300 pwc trailer under it. Does it work? Yes with a lot of tinkering I got it to work. Does it give me full peace of mind while bouncing down the road that my boat and motor will arrive safe and sound at my destination? No it doesn't! My boat and motor together cost me more than twice as much as this trailer so for me a nice purpose built trailer like this is well worth the money. So go ahead and laugh your ass off if you think going the cheap way is the only way. I will be sure to give you a friendly wave and good luck,maybe even stop to help out if it's possible, while your broke down on the side of the road.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I bought an Aluma ATV trailer a couple of years ago to haul my Polaris RZR and Harley to AZ for the winter. Really work well for the my boat with the launching wheels. Just push it up a couple of ramps and tie it down.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Just took pic before my last outing before we head south. There are cheaper lighter versions of the same trailer but needed this one to haul ATV's. Works out well as you can just punch it off trailer and take to the water.

Attachments

• photo206574.jpg
    photo206574.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0

mrdrh99

Bill.... Do you travel down the highway like that?! Wouldn't think those wheels would take that kind of weight!

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just took pic before my last outing before we head south. There are cheaper lighter versions of the same trailer but needed this one to haul ATV's. Works out well as you can just punch it off trailer and take to the water.
Load range D 1710# per tire. Boat/motor about 220#. I think I'm good.

Captain Shikaboo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Those trailers look like they are made out of 80/20 industrial erector set. I agree with ^ these guys.. Not worth the $1800 IMHO.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
1800 plus shipping? Lmao you can buy a jetski trailer and do the same for 500

You can LYAO all you want but your not going to "do the same for 500" sorry it's not happening without modifying. I am using a jet ski trailer that I had to modify and it's far from perfect. Do you think everyone should be satisfied with a home made trailer like you do,really? What about the guy that spends upwards of $20,000 for a boat and motor? Do you think they should use a jet ski trailer? Now that idea would be something to lyao...get real dude. The heading says"Nice Inflatable Boat Trailer" and it is that despite what you think of the price.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer

OK let's see a pic or link to a cheaper lighter version of the same trailer...I've never seen one.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
You can buy a "regular" boat trailer and change the bunks for a lot less than $1800 even if you buy new. A new trailer for my 16' RIB was $795 new.

Is your trailer fully adjustable? Does it fully support the transom and floorboards? Is it aluminum?

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Those trailers look like they are made out of 80/20 industrial erector set. I agree with ^ these guys.. Not worth the $1800 IMHO.

Really? Erector set? Not likely. So lets see a pic of what you think is a nicer trailer for less than $1800...can't wait.

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
Alanfox, I looked at those trailers many years ago when I had a need for something light which could be knocked down, stored in the camper, and then assembled at the camp site to handle the inflatable. I have seen a few in use which seemed to do the job.

The 8 in wheels are a turn off, as we have gone that route before and found that they do not handle highway speeds well. One could be fine for your use, as that is a personal decision. Personally I would prefer galvanized steel with a heavier weight when towing, but buy one and let us know how well it serves your needs. No need to get defensive over something like this.

Some buy Chinese PVC boats with glued seams and others buy hypalon which is more expensive and no one gives that a thought. That same rule should apply to a subject such as this.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Alanfox, I looked at those trailers many years ago when I had a need for something light which could be knocked down, stored in the camper, and then assembled at the camp site to handle the inflatable. I have seen a few in use which seemed to do the job.

The 8 in wheels are a turn off, as we have gone that route before and found that they do not handle highway speeds well. One could be fine for your use, as that is a personal decision. Personally I would prefer galvanized steel with a heavier weight when towing, but buy one and let us know how well it serves your needs. No need to get defensive over something like this.

Some buy Chinese PVC boats with glued seams and others buy hypalon which is more expensive and no one gives that a thought. That same rule should apply to a subject such as this.

I would agree with you 100%. Yeah I don't care for 8 inch wheels ether but you can order 12 inch as an option. I don't know for sure if I will get one but I sure do like how it's set up. If I do get one I will be sure and give a full report.