Proper boat setup 17 minutes

G

Hey all. Here is a video of proper Sib setup in real time and real life.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Excellent job. It's amazing how much you have cut your time down getting the floor installed

G

Excellent job. It's amazing how much you have cut your time down getting the floor installed

I still want an air floor for my boat and will buy one in a heart beat., I do not believe they make an air floor for my boat. Air floor teardown and setup would cut another 3-5 minutes off. my goal is 10 min setup time max. and 20 minutes breakdown. Right now on average running about 25 minutes setup time complete with rods engine mounting/gas tank, wheel mounting, bow bag setup and putting the boat/floor covers and pump back inside the car. Now breakdown is the biggest problem and the biggest burden. Average about an hour with quick flushing motor, washing boat and packing everything up. Air floor would cut about 15 minutes off that. So roughly 1.5 hours for both needs to be cut to about 45min max for both. I will need to take a full breakdown video so people who plan to buy inflatables understand its not 5 minutes as I thought when first purchasing one.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You are going to have to use the Air Floor from my boat. The FR325. It will be about 2 inches 2 short but the Air Floor from the FR360 is going to be about 8 inches too long. You could also order the Air Floor for the Zodiac 365. Yes all of our boats are about the same size internally. The only difference is tube size

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looks like you have it whipped, weimed. Good going.

I would check with Zodiac before trying to fit the floor from one series to another.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If an air floor is not properly tight fitted against tubes, bow and transom for top keel accommodation while inflated to specs, will achieve horrible water performance. Keel will be messing arround floor fabric and not doing its homework. So buy an air floor that 100% fits internal space or stay with current wooden floor.

Weimed, after fully seeing that vid, should put all floorboards in place with sib completely defleated, once done, you can secure side joiners while knelling side of tube as opposedd to standing to side and having to bend yourself forward to place floorboards and lock side joiners in place. For me knelling while assembling is much comfy than standing and bending over, much less back stress. After assembly is finished, fully inflate sib as usual. Try it out...

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Butterfish

Cadet
My setup time is 1.5 hrs, taking it nice and easy. What's the rush? Setting up and breaking down is half the fun. I know I will forget the kitchen sink if I try to load in 17 mins. I do enjoy watching how efficient you are, Weimed.

G

My setup time is 1.5 hrs, taking it nice and easy. What's the rush? Setting up and breaking down is half the fun. I know I will forget the kitchen sink if I try to load in 17 mins. I do enjoy watching how efficient you are, Weimed.

You will get it. The more times you go out the faster you will get.