My Intro, First Jamaica bay outing, fishing off an inflatable

Butterfish

Cadet
Took the wife out fishing in Jamiaca Bay this Saturday while the boys are away at camp with our inflatable. We just happened to hit this Times Square of Fluke city and was "non stop" action. The kicker is they are all 16-18" long! @&$#%! The sea Robins were about 2 pounders. Can't remember the bay so plentiful. I started my saltwater fishing days back in the 70's on sheepshead bay piers catching butterfish and mackerel. We usually fish out of my Hobie PA but the boys grew and the Hobie didn't, under the direct orders from the boss- "we have to get something bigger" This is how the story begins,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
What size boat do you currently have and what size are you looking to goto

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
You are definitely starting off in the right place. I love Jamaica Bay... though I am decidedly partial to it since it is the closest body of water I can launch in. Do you use the Floyd Bennett launch ramp as your entry point?? if so.. you will undoubtedly meet one or more of our gang of usual suspects.... myself, weimed, fedor, pascal... there's a few of us that use the bay as our personal oasis. lol. I have been absent the boards a bit due to time constraints and equipment issues but I hope to be more active now. Hope to see you out there....:D

G

Welcome to the team Butterfish. I see some kind of dolly and seats all setup. More photos of your setup would be great to see.

Butterfish

Cadet
Sorry for the delay, real busy in "making changes" to many things that I have learned from the first outing with an inflatable. Weimed, pix to follow. As a matter of fact, I am working on a new way of supporting the bow while transport. Yes I overload. The cart you see works good but its too heavy and clumsy. I will post pix soon.