Suzuki power installed

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Received the new Suzuki 20 hp fuel injected motor. Was suppose to be at house between 1and5 pm and didn't show until 6:30. It had some crate damage I didn't notice until later in the evening. When I unpackaged it I found the motor cover was not in place and had a small crack in it. You really have to know where it is to see it. None the least I am going to turn in a claim. Started up on second pull, but no water coming out of pee hole. I was getting pissed, pun intended. Ran a water hose to the flush out and it started to pee and has ever since. Guess it must of had an air lock. Ran it 15 minutes at idle and gave it some gas and it sputtered and wouldn't accelerate. Oh crap, now what! Finally figured out if you put it in gear it would run great. Must have a lock out to keep from raping it out in neutral. No mention of that in manual. Speaking of manual, it calls the A/V plate the cavitation plate. Installed the Hardline tach/hour meter, easiest install ever. Will try it out Monday.

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hope this motor will get you over the hump and do a great job for you.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
If it won't plane with two aboard I'm going to do a remake of the film "Titanic" with it. LOL

G

I want that motor pretty bad. I am unsure but some new outboard come with a throttle lock in neutral which will not let you throttle up past a certain rpm. That 97lb bad boy will not only plane you but will take off if you add wings to it.

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to your thoughts, review, opinion, videos, how-to's.. etc. Lol. All kidding aside, that motor is on my very short short list! Congratulations and looking forward to....