Anchor

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is this 15lb river anchor adequate for shallow river running? There vinyl coated and weigh 12,15 or 18 lbs.

image.jpg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Anchor

Not knowing the actual size and/or type of your boat I can't say. But I will watch this thread for further learning anyway...

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class

The lewmar style anchor at West marine is cheap, lighter in weight and VERY effective... it will hold my Saturn 365 in a ripping current and that's the 2lb!!! with a lot of scope... the bad news is they are so sticky that if there is anything other than sand, mud or smaller gravel... you may give one or two up to Neptune... as i DID YESTERDAY. That said, at $10... it's cheap to replace and I have literally put the smaller one in a coat pocket (with the business end exposed

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class

That may be a good one however my wife will be doing some anchor work. Looks like that one would tear a nice hole in the boat if she goofed.

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class

not likely, unless if by goofed you mean she went at you with it and missed... hitting the boat instead... that MIGHT do it. Kidding aside, it's safe to have around the boat and I thinky you would have to work at it to do damage... but you would know better than I as regards your life boating partner... so... better safe than sorry