Saturn Mini cats??

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Saturn Mini cats??

ok, I know it's been a while but this vid has caught my attention....I'm liking this setup....What do you guys think about it? Although I think I would probably go with either the 12 or 14 ft instead of the 18, but def an xl version. What do you think of that outboard? I was thinking more like a used 5hp but that one seems to move the boat fairly well. Remember, I'm mainly on still water and I'm not looking to be a speed demon! I'm also eyeing the Saturn 11ft extra wide with an air floor....I'm glad I have plenty of time to make this decision!!!

3.5HP Outboard Motor with 18' KaBoat SK548XL KaBoat - YouTube

G

ok, I know it's been a while but this vid has caught my attention....I'm liking this setup....What do you guys think about it? Although I think I would probably go with either the 12 or 14 ft instead of the 18, but def an xl version. What do you think of that outboard? I was thinking more like a used 5hp but that one seems to move the boat fairly well. Remember, I'm mainly on still water and I'm not looking to be a speed demon! I'm also eyeing the Saturn 11ft extra wide with an air floor....I'm glad I have plenty of time to make this decision!!!

Dude, im telling you sinistre is selling his boat because he bought a big Saturn. buy it and buy a nice outboard. he has a mercury quicksilver 11.6ft. if I was looking I would buy it in a heart beat. and stay away from that Chinese ob from boatstogo

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've talked to him about it but I won't be spending any $ until tax season.....if then. We may be moving soon So I'm waiting to see what kind of water is around. Hell, I may stay in my m4 if we move somewhere with comparable waters. But I'm doing my research now just in case

ReelSlow72

Seaman Apprentice

Found this while shopping for a Saturn Inflatable myself. Many thanks brother! I was looking at the SK470 but this one is a beauty itself.

Last edited:

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Hello, i am new to the forum. I am a small boat type of guy. I own and use quite frequently an old scanoe with a nissan 4hp on it. I like it and it serves its purpose. I purchase a grey 10 foot saturn mini cat on craigs list recently. It is very lightly used. So far i am very impressed with it. I can pack it in my car ( convertable) with ease. I am 200lbs and can put her on a step, 14 mph (scanoe is 8 mph). Quality is no difference than a zodiac in my opinion ( friend has one). The drop stitch floor is sturdy an firm. I laid down carpet to catch sand etc. love the space and how you can just exit right off the front. Not sure how they got their price down on this boat because there is no difference between the zodiac and the saturn. I payed 500 used. Very very happy, but again i have only cruised with it 4 times so far. I use the d rings to lash down my stuff. Its a fun boat to tool around with for sure, and i like the looks of it.