Calling all Intex/sevylor owners!!!

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys, this is absolutely NOT meant to take away from the awesome Mariner 4 thread but with all the newcomers of late I would love for everyone to post pics and a video of your intex and sevylor boats. I'm not trying to count out all the guys with nicer boats but not everyone can afford zodiac and saturns, but I would love to see your vids also!!!.... so, I'm challenging everyone to post pics and or a vid of you builds....lots of new guys are showing up and we would love to see your boats. This forum thrives on sharing info and tips about what you have done to you boats!

I'll start with my own!

Quick vid showing boat on the water - YouTube

Custom intex Mariner 4 lakeside - YouTube

Custom intex mariner 4 final version! - YouTube

Rakumi

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Calling all Intex/sevylor owners!!!

I have really been loving this new boat culture i have become a part of. My wife knows i get into new hobbies like everyday so she was excited about me picking up my intex excursion maybe about a month ago. Since that time we have been on the water a few times and it has been great. I purchase a few more things every so often. Like extra oars, new fishing rods (my first), anchor and even different and exciting types of lures. Its just so fun to relax on the water. I purchased some plywood but i went with 1/3 inch and it is not thick enough, but so easy to transport as we all know transporting is important for those of use packing into our cars to get there. But it was able to support me standing but i have to have my feet about 1.5 feet a part. I have it in 2 pieces but it is 4 inches short of the length of the boat because the longest plywood they sell is not as long as the excursion. I will try to post some pictures.

I boat in the marina of my area. It is much closer than the lakes near me and much easier to get in the water physically and legally. The body of water i go in becomes calm like a lake with low tide and minor current when the tide is high. It leads out to a large body of water which leads into the ocean. But the marina is blocked off by a wall of land that you must circle around to get to open water so it acts as a shield to the heavy waves. I will try to post photos of that as well when i get on my computer because the phone cannot load pics to the site

mrdrh99

Good deal, look forward to seeing it bud

Rakumi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

View attachment 211307
This first shot was when I first got my boat. I set it up in my basement. I just loved it. Could not wait to get it out.
View attachment 211308
This was after my second outing and after cleaning. Every outing has been so fun.
View attachment 211311
So this is after I bought the 11/32 inch plywood. It was short by 4 inches in length but it still worked ok when I laid it out. I only used 3 pvc pipping. I was just experimenting and trying to keep things simple but standing on it in my garage did not feel right because the spacing in between felt like the wood would break. Though I think now it would have been different on the water. But for this reason I chose not to use the pvc on the water. I cut the wood and placed duck tape around the edges so it would be safe in the boat.
View attachment 211316
Here I decided to go with just the wood and no pvc pipping. It did make the boat more sturdy. Also, I could stand on it but I do know I will need thicker wood. It is so light to travel with as far as lifting. When you are walking back and forth from the car to the boat and back several times, you want a light load. I only used the rear seat and left the middle and front seat out so I could travel light and it was cool that first trip out with the wood. My new anchor sits perfectly on the front of the boat. Maybe next season I will decide on a motor but for now... I only row about the distance of a standard parking lot so its not so bad. When the water is calm, rowing gets me very far pretty fast.
View attachment 211318
this is a panorama picture of where I go. The left end shows the water exiting to the major rough waters while the left is the calm end most boaters go and just sit while swimming or fishing. :joyous:

mrdrh99

hey bud, pics don't work

Rakumi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I dont understand why. They open on my screen when I am signed on. I am new so I dont really know how it all works and why it is not showing up.

mrdrh99

not sure, my phone nor laptop will open them.....says invalid format (iboats website, not my cpu)

Rakumi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just tried on my phone and it is not working either. :confused: