Metzeler inflatable line patch repair

laguna80

Cadet
Hey all, I've got a 14 foot metzeler with the wood bottom floor. In any case, the front patch, which has a triangle ring holding the rope line, split. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Or anyone know where I can get a new patch? Thanks a bunch, here's some pics...
img1424ay.jpg
img1421nn.jpg
img1423wb.jpg

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Metzeler inflatable line patch repair

How about using rubber glue or cold vulcanizing glue ?

Happy Boating

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Did it split or dry rot ?
You can order a welders type glue for rubber from any marine store, including this site

lncoop

Vice Admiral

You might be able to repair that with a combination of stitching and glue, but your best bet is to just buy a new D ring patch and glue it on right next to that one. If it's critical to have it in the exact same spot you might be able to flatten that one enough to glue the new patch over it. There are many places on line to get what you need. Just be sure to follow the instructions to the letter.

laguna80

Cadet

Thanks for the replies all, the patch split while pulling the boat up on the beach, so I don't think it's rot. I'll check out those options and be sure to post up a report once it's fixed.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the replies all, the patch split while pulling the boat up on the beach, so I don't think it's rot. I'll check out those options and be sure to post up a report once it's fixed.

Well, it is and it isn't. The patch isn't rotted, but the part that holds the D ring is. Just the ravages of time. The good news is you have several options, none of which is expensive or particularly difficult.