DIY Sevylor Floor and Transom

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: DIY Sevylor Floor and Transom

Yes sir, nice work, can you take a pic of the entire set up? Do you plan on mounting seats etc? I almost bought this boat but decided to go with the mariner 4 because it inflates to a higher pressure and I already had the intex transom mount. Let us know how the maiden voyage goes and give us more pics! There are many videos on youtube where some guys have moded the hell out of the fish hunter. Copper Fox who post frequently on this board also has one but has recently moved to the mariner club, I'm sure he can offer some advice if needed. Good luck and nice looking boat bro!

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bain: Very nice! I've not see the floor done in 2 pieces length-wise before, but have wondered about it myself. How is is for stability? I'd not heard of Sevylor's FishMaster before. Is it an older make? It certainly appears to be more solidly made, based on what I can see of the D-Ring holding the rope that wraps around, and the rock guard, which is non-existant in the FishHunter. Can you tell me what sort of valves it has? The company's switch from Boston valves to a newer design, is what has turned me off of Sevylor boats recently. For what it's worth, I too would like to see a pic showing the whole boat. Enjoy!

Bain

Cadet

Bain: Very nice! I've not see the floor done in 2 pieces length-wise before, but have wondered about it myself. How is is for stability? I'd not heard of Sevylor's FishMaster before. Is it an older make? It certainly appears to be more solidly made, based on what I can see of the D-Ring holding the rope that wraps around, and the rock guard, which is non-existant in the FishHunter. Can you tell me what sort of valves it has? The company's switch from Boston valves to a newer design, is what has turned me off of Sevylor boats recently. For what it's worth, I too would like to see a pic showing the whole boat. Enjoy!

Well we purchased the boat last year and with the full length floor, its very sturdy and easy to stand and fish.
The boat has boston air valves boston_valve2.jpg
It may be a Canadian only model i'm not to sure.
i plan on going fishing this weekend so Ill see about getting pictures.

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bain: Having Boston Air Valves removes about 95% of my criticism of that boat. I would still be happily using mine today and well into the future, no doubt, if mine had the Boston valves. I had installed 2 raised swivel seats, with seat backs on my HF-360 (many photos on this site) and enjoyed spending many hours out on numerous lakes with it. Because of serious problems with the new valves, I bought an Intex Mariner 4 within the last month and am in the process of modifying it, similarly. Enjoy!

Gsmitty22

Recruit

Figure I would share my build, click on the photo for all the build pics
Sevylor Fishmaster 325
Sevylor Floor

John the Boat Builder ? Sevylor Floor |

Sevylor Transom Part 1

Building a Sevylor Transom |

Sevylor Transom Part 2

DIY Sevylor Transom ? FINISHED! |

Great job. Could you tell me your plywood thickness and is it marine grade or it doesn't matter? Your carpet, is that indoor/outdoor or just the felt like covering?? Also, I have the Minn Kota Endurance C2, is that what you have? I'm asking that because I'm wondering if I have the same length shaft as what you show and I want to make sure it doesn't sit too high.

Gsmitty22

Recruit

Sorry, I meant was that a 30/30 trolling motor?