Water in my tubes

FiveOfDiamonds

Recruit
I have recently acquired a Zodiac MK II Type 2234. Seems to be in pretty great shape other than a couple handles that have fallen off. The big issue is there's water in the tubes, I can hear it sloshing inside, I just need to know if there's an easy (non-destructive) way to remove it.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Water in my tubes

I have recently acquired a Zodiac MK II Type 2234. Seems to be in pretty great shape other than a couple handles that have fallen off. The big issue is there's water in the tubes, I can hear it sloshing inside, I just need to know if there's an easy (non-destructive) way to remove it.

Deflate the tub turn the boat upside down and get the water to run as close as you can to the inflater valve. Then buy a shop vac and suck it out.

FiveOfDiamonds

Recruit

Thanks, never thought of my shop vac. I robbed a hose from my aquarium and started to syphon it, have a gallon of water so far. Shop vac should be a bit faster, haha!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

If shop vac doesn't remove moisture left overs inside tubes, if having sunny days, place sib outside house, remove upper valves and leave them open a couple of days for sun to do it's overall drying work.

Happy Boating

FiveOfDiamonds

Recruit

Syphoned and shop vacced, most of it out. Now I'll be using my electric pump, deflate to one tube and inflate to the other so the air can flow through the entire boat and dry everything out. Also I have one of the pump hoses plugged into a plastic container filled with desiccant.