launching without a trailer (intex/sevylor)

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a question for all you intex or sevylor owners. How do you launch your boat into the water. Where i am there are only concrete launching ramps and i am afraid to drag my excursion across the concrete and then stomp it into the bottom. should i just wade it out knee deep and hop in?......how do you guys do it? I was trying to avoid getting wet this weekend because it's still cold! There are a couple small docks on the lake but once i get the boat loaded with floors, battery, and motor it's too heavy to move alone!

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: launching without a trailer (intex/sevylor)

so, i think I've figured out my own problem today while at work (Lowes). I'm going to attach a set of 8 inch plastic wheels to the bottom of a 2ft long 2x4, then clamp it to my motor mount. That way I can set up in a safe location, pick up the front of the boat an roll it into the water, then pull it over to the nearby dock with a rope attached to the pull handle. Then I can easily remove the c clamps and drop the trolling motor once I'm safely in the water.
At least it works im my head. Once the water warms up a bit more it wont be an issue, I'll just roll the boat out and then hop in.

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I own a Sevylor HF360 and always unpack and inflate my boat at the launch site. I try to set it up only a foot or 2 from the water's edge and then drag/push it into the water. I can't say I recall any of the locations not having a sand or grass area just to the side of any concrete launch, and so am not concerned about abrasion over this short distance. I have made wooden floors and 2 raised swivel seats. The battery sits under one of these seats. Once it is in the water, by the shore, I just step in and sit down. Occasionally I have to push myself off with a paddle. I do have a photo of it at the water's edge somewhere on this site. Let me know if you'd like me to locate it.

I'm sure if your proposed set-up works, posting a pic here, with dimensions, will be appreciated by many.

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This boat/motor is around 400 pounds. I roll it down the ramp into the water and untie the dollies. The process is reversed easily. The dollies float and slide under the boat slick as snot.

DSC081181.jpg

DSC081261.jpg