What's thickness of your inflatable boat's material?

babyfat

Cadet
G'day, guys, I'm so glad to meet you in this forum. I think I will have a very good time here and learn many things with your guys helps. :)

I once had a inflatable boat which the thickness of it's material is 0.9mm, I think it's not durable enough, recently, I found a boat which used 1.2mm material, but it's a little more expensive than the boat used 0.9mm. Should I change my boat to this one? What's thickness of your inflatable boat's material, guys? Do you think it's druable enough?

The sales man also told me each of their boats have three chambers, which means if one chamber has air leakage, other two will keep my safety. But I think only one chamber also can work well, what do you think about this?

whatever, the most important thing is the material, please give me some advices about it. Thanks advance.

By the way, I use my boat both for fresh water and sea.

babyfat

Cadet
Re: What's thickness of your inflatable boat's material?

Anyone wants to introduce your boat to me?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Let me move this over to the Inflatable forum for you. That might help.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to the forums,

PVC 1.2 mm fabric is much better than standard now a days 0.9 mm ones, it's worth the small price difference. Tubes rigidty is outstanding once top inflated, holds more sun punishment and general abrassion. My 450 rib is still packed, will post pics once it's being rigged at the marina.

Happy Boating

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1.2 mm for Pack Rat. Completed it's second season In Lake Superior with no signs of wear.

8273844281_f2b1ce3d7f_zps765f8bca.jpg

babyfat

Cadet

Welcome to the forums,

PVC 1.2 mm fabric is much better than standard now a days 0.9 mm ones, it's worth the small price difference. Tubes rigidty is outstanding once top inflated, holds more sun punishment and general abrassion. My 450 rib is still packed, will post pics once it's being rigged at the marina.

Happy Boating

Ok thanks a lot mate, I will buy the boat used 1.2mm PVC, and I will show you the photos after I get it in days later.

babyfat

Cadet

1.2 mm for Pack Rat. Completed it's second season In Lake Superior with no signs of wear.

8273844281_f2b1ce3d7f_zps765f8bca.jpg

Your boat is great! Could you tell me which brand it is? Thanks advance.