I swear...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear...

I swear by Neptune that this is my last inflatable upgrade, have been swearing so since 1996 and since that time have owned a 280 and upgraded to a 305, 330, 360, 380 sibs. 420 rib and this last 450 beauty rib. It's about to be shipped from factory, should arrive by late November. It's a deep V double hull with protected keel, 52 diam tubes, transom tank and bow locker storage rated for max 50 HP long shaft engine.

Has a custom built 2.0 mtr air floor on top deck, excellent for sitting and tillering, sunbathing and even sleeping on board. Once you are used to the confort of resting on top air floors, you won't like living without them. At $ 5.80 a gallon of E8 95 octane, you wouln't want to have a larger HP engine, so will test it with a brand new Tohatsu 18 HP long shaft, should work perfect to transport 2 passsengers confortable seated at good plane.

Happy Boating
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sea Rider; April 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM.
    Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

Re: I swear...

She's a nice looking RIB! I have boat envy.

Comment

Wow Sea Rider. She's beautiful. The Bible says not to swear but to let your yes be yes and your no be no. You're a prime example of why! Can't wait to see pics when you get her rigged out.
      Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
      21' Suntracker(for my girls), 16' Polarkraft MV w/ 25 HP Merc(for me), 14' Odyssey bucket raft, 16' Purple Mad River Explorer; vice-admiral's boat, but she lets me use it as long as I don't forget it's hers. Esquif Vertige

Comment

Good for you! That looks like a nice boat and should be a great rig. Don't forget to update us with the final package pics when you get it all together.

On a side note, has anybody else noticed the incredibly cheap 11' inflatable that iboats has in the banner here? It says it's actually 11'8" with an aluminum floor for $699? That's a great deal and I need to keep smacking my hand so I don't click on the link because I have ZERO need for that thing. But still....
        "If it ain't broke....don't worry, 5 minutes with me and it will be!"

1996 Trophy 1802 - 120hp Force (by Mercury...snicker)
        8' Hardbottom Dinghy w/Evinrude 6hp OB (oh yeah, this is the 'boat')
        In the market for nice, local area, sailboat, with the operative word being-"cheap"

Comment

She's not going to be heavily rigged, at the most a summer canopy which is a must have, the plan is to have her completely open and forget all about central console, seat, remote steering which adds extra 50 kilos to the rib engine combo. Preffer tiller steering and superb air deck open space for resting, sleeping, boating for long hours or sib/rib boating courses. Now that these señoritas have learned to drive pretty well and at command, the only thing left would be to sit confortably on bow locker and sip some cold beers while taking me for a cool ride.

Happy Boating
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally Arrived.-

Well, the beast has finally arrived to our workshop, friday will be unpacked and measured to see if it fits well on top of my actual 420 rib trailer, probably will need to widen a bit both hull lateral supports as this 450 hull is bit wider, fingers crossed as not to need a new trailer which can take at least 2 weeks to build...

Happy Boating
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice looking boat! Congrats!
              Larry

Comment

Bravo OV6 Electric Pump.-

Was wondering how to inflate those huge 52 tubes without dying in the intent, lucky me, factory has shipped a new Bravo 0V-6 electric cozzy yellow pump which has a flow rate of 1600 ltr/min and pumps to max 2.5 PSI, shuts itself off when overheats. Has a powerfull 600 watt motor which blew half of my kitchen when tested with attached hose, seems was not the best house spot to do so. Inflated my 2.0 mtr air floor in just 1.0 min to it’s max pump pressure.

There's a much powerfull OV-10 same version model which has a slight higher 700 ltr/min flow rate and 1K watt motor that can inflate to max 3.5 PSI, good for winter top inflation without external temp overinflation worries.

Have ordered with pump a newly released universal adapter & pressure gauge than can be used to monitor alone, or connect pump’s hose to monitor pressure while inflating. Very usefull when inflating chambers evenly in a merry go round untill you reach 2.5 PSI which is perfect for summer overall pressure. You can fully top to 3.0 PSI once inflatable is launched to sea with a Bravo Alum 4 hand pump that also includes a pressure gauge which fatigues much less than foot pumps.

Happy Boating
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Sea Rider; March 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Very nice...oh and the boat looks good too.
                  www.denniskilbride.com

Comment

Very good boat, do you have more pictures about it? I think you have already gotten the boat since it's the end of Dec. now, let us have a look.

Comment

Sorry folks but the so long wanting & waited 450 rib will not see sea, at least not under my command. One thing is seeing it in nice pictures, other in reality when the beast has finally been completely unpacked and fully top inflated.

Important facts for my total stay away from it are :

1-Too wide hull, will need to convert my actual 420 rib trailer to match that width or buy a custom trailer.
                      2-Too heavy, 230 Kg against 120 Kg of my actual 420 rib. My compact car will surely suffer more towing stress.
                      3-Too wide tubes, will need a ladder or crane to climb when swiming, snorkeling, spear fishing at sea, worst for lazy señoritas climb-ups from water doing same.
                      4-Deck is much wider, can hardly reach tiller arm sitting on starboard tube.
                      5-If ribbing sitting on deck's custom air deck, will need a camera at bow and monitor to see what's in front.
                      6-Long shaft Tohatsu 18 HP will be too basic to move that beast, it's rated for a 50 HP, a 30 HP will be the minimum to go to have fun.
                      7-At $ 6.00 a gallon (E8 95 octane gas) you wouldn't want to count with a 30 or + HP.
                      8-Been offered $ 6 grand for it, can't refuse that nice sum.

Taking all those issues into account, have opted for a nice and eyecatching Sea Rider 430 Fast Responder rib, will post some pics while rigging her out. Hope transom 46 cm height is ideal for matching a 20" engine. If not, will have lot's of fun fine tuning transom height to find Tohatsu's sweet height spot under trial & error once at sea.

Happy Boating
                      Last edited by Sea Rider; April 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Maybe the 420 should have been your last RIB. It's too bad that none of your old bits work with the 450. 46 cm is just a bit more than 18". Problem maybe? Good luck!
                        BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
                        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                        That is what the forums are for.
                        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Sea Rider what a lovely boat i wish i had one im considering purchasing a boat similar to this i really love it.

Comment

Very pleased with this smaller Fast Responder 430 Rib

Just 130 Kg total weight
                            Double shallow V hull
                            Excellent 18 & 30 HP performer
                            Heavy duty 1.2mm tube fabric
                            42" diam tubes
                            Full rope around
                            Huge deck space
                            Transom storage
                            Ladder Storage
                            Splash Guards
                            Bow Anchor
                            Air Deck
                            Rowable
                            Canopy

Happy Boating
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Sea Rider; May 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Pre final rigging, have fun all day long...

Happy Boating
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Sea Rider; April 29th, 2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X