2008 Walker Odyssey 310AF

Mlmg

Cadet
I have an opportunity to purchase a 2008 Walker Odyssey 310AF, Hypalon for $1,399. Never been used, dealer stated it is new. I did some research and apparently Walker discontinued the line.

Anyone have any experience with this line boat?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2008 Walker Odyssey 310AF

Welcome to the Forums,

Walker Bay is a reputed Canadian boat manufacturer, build some real nice models, a discontinued model is no indicative of poor quality, that model has high pressure V air floor which some boaters like, other dislike, no keel, and hypalon made, if in opt state, go for it, price seems about right; make a aggresive discount proposal if that makes you more happy. Inflate tubes and V keel to factory recommended pressure with a gauge for a nice performance.

Happy Boating

ssobol

Chief Petty Officer

the year before last, I had a Walker Bay Genesis RIB (hypalon). It was brand new from a dealer with the recommended size engine. Shortly after I got it the transom started separating from the tubes. The glue joints were pulling apart on both sides of the transom.

I did get it repaired under warranty. The repair included reinforcements that went all around the area where the transom joined the tubes. These reinforcements weren't part of the original build.

I got rid of the boat not long after the warranty repair so I don't know if the problem was properly fixed or not.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

When buying used, you should inspect boat very carefull, make soappy test on tubes, air valves, check seams for air leaks & fabric condition, with fingernail try to pull off glued parts to check overall boat's glued parts conditions, if any part slightly pulls off with minimum effort, stay away from that sib/rib...

Glue failure conditions on brand boats could be blamed for :

-Expired date of glue and hardener.
-Room temperature at factory under or above ideal gluing temperature.

Happy Boating

Last edited: