What is the best way to step in and (more importantly) out my Sevylor Fish Hunter ?

Rijnton

Cadet
Maybe a stupid question at first sight but I am completely new to inflatable boats and I am rather afraid to fall in the water, particularly with the low temperatures nowadays here in Holland. Therefore I have 2 questions, hoping that you, more experienced, users can help me:
1) I intend to use my Sevylor Fish Hunter HF360 for fishing in the polders here in Holland. I only took the boat out once to try it out and could make use of a small wooden landing-stage, but usually the banks are rather marshy grasslands often with some reeds alongside.
Now I wonder what is the best way to step in the boat and even more important to step out of it without the risk of falling in the water, also in view of the rather wide side chambers ?
2)And meanwhile I bought the MM3 motor mount, a Minn Kota 30lbs motor and a battery. Is it better to attach the motor and put all the other stuff in the boat before sliding the boat in the water ? Or should I slide the empty boat in the water first and then attach the motor and put the luggage in the boat ?
Thanks in advance.
Ton

ssobol

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What is the best way to step in and (more importantly) out my Sevylor Fish Hunte

When getting into or out of my Zodiac at a dock I just step on the tube. When inflated properly it is firm enough to stand on.

At the beach you can also step on the tube and then step out. Another way is to sit on the tube with your feet inside or outside (depends on which way you are going) then pick up your legs and pivot 180 degs on your derriere, then stand up.