What electric motor should I buy for my Sevylor Fish Hunter HF360 ?

Rijnton

Cadet
As I wrote in the thread below, I bought a Sevylor Fish Hunter HF360 last week. I will use the boat for fishing here in Holland on canals and lakes, so on dead water not on rivers.
Now I also want to buy an electric trolling motor and I am doubting about which one. I have narrowed the choice to the following options:
1) The Sevylor SBM 18.
2) The Minn Kota Endura 30lbs and the Sevylor MM3 motor mount.
What attracts me in the SBM18 is the fact that it can be mounted directly on the Fish Hunter and that it doesn't use much current so that a smaller and lighter battery will do. On the other hand, the Minn Kota is a more powerful motor, but needs the extra accessory and probably a heavier battery.
What would you advise ? Is the SBM18 motor sufficient for the Fish Hunter, provided I mainly use it for trolling and not for travelling great distances ?
Thanks in advance.

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: What electric motor should I buy for my Sevylor Fish Hunter HF360 ?

Hey Bud. Id go with the lighter setup. My inflatable boat has a 6 volt trolling motor (12lb. thrust) with a small 6 volt battery, and it pushes me just fine.

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: What electric motor should I buy for my Sevylor Fish Hunter HF360 ?

One other thing. Doesnt Sevylor sell a SBM30? Would that mount directly to your boat?

You could even add the MM3 mount to that boat and put on up to a 3hp if you were feeling gutsy!!