Sevylor hf360 Floor

captdavey

Recruit
Hi Guys, first timer here, and with my new 360. I followed the plans (they were all VERY similar) that various members posted for the rigid floor. Used quality 5/8" sanded and marine varnished plywood, astroturf, with pipe insulation around the edges.
I noticed the fit directly depended on how much air was in the floor tubes. The less air, the deeper the wood floor fit down in the main tubes. With the floor tubes fully inflated, the wood floor sat rather high, and rocked a bit. With very little air, it sat deep in the seam and very solid.
Any advice on this?
(I can't air-up the floor tubes once the wood floor is in, unless I cut an access hole for the fill valve).
Thanks. Hope to have many more questions for you veterans in the future. Any other advice you have before her maiden voyage?

HF360 6-person(yeah, right)
Minn-Kota 38#
DieHard DC w/250 reserv.
Made the canopy frame from welded 1/2" EMT conduit, on 4 uprights mounted on the new wood floor. Canvas skin covers it. Came out really good and weighs in at 7lbs! I'll try and get some pics and plans up for you.
Dave

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sevylor hf360 Floor

Hi Dave - right on. Hope to see those pics real soon. Experiment and find a happy medium on the floor inflation. I go until firm and the deck stays in place for us pretty well.

captdavey

Recruit

Thanks Officer Az. I guess it'll only take 2 or 3 outtings to find the perfect floor inflation, then I'm good.
Also, I'd REALLY like to find the boat boot for it, but it is oh so elusive... Looked everywhere. So far nothing. "No longer available, "Out of stock", "No future shipments",......I've heard'em all in the past few days. Any ideas?

azlakes

Well that is odd that the boot is hard to find now. I searched for a link I had posted where I got mine at a very good value. I dont know how far back I can search on my posts as it had the link to the dealer. I'll dig around some and see if I cant find the receipt or URL. The boot is worth chasing down as it adds a layer of protection on these rafts. Stay tuned....ee:

***update: well guess they are like hens teeth now - you're right, no mas - http://www.sunnysports.com/Prod/SLRBHF360.html

Last edited:

azlakes

heya capt', i cannot resolve your attachments... can you repost?

Japanblack

Recruit

Thanks Officer Az. I guess it'll only take 2 or 3 outtings to find the perfect floor inflation, then I'm good.
Also, I'd REALLY like to find the boat boot for it, but it is oh so elusive... Looked everywhere. So far nothing. "No longer available, "Out of stock", "No future shipments",......I've heard'em all in the past few days. Any ideas?

I have a brand new (well a bit old but never even taken out of the packaging) HF 360 boot for sale if you're still interested.