Building Dolly Trailer

reifer

Cadet
I just purchased a Sea Eagle GT-15. I use the boat exclusively by myself and I worried sliding in and out of the truck bed will damge the underside of the boat. have a rubber mat in the back of the truck.

I am toying with the idea of builing a dolly that I can launch the boat without getting wet and will preserve the underside from sliding on the truck bed. I'm installing decent wheels so I can slide the boat, on the dolly out the back of my truck without it rubbing on the ground and having to drag it accross the ground. So I have a couple of questions.

Do I need to protect the underside of the boat from the truck bed?

Anyone have any plans or ideas?

I would like to launch the boat stern first so I can put the motor and everything on by still on shore. Most places I will be launching from will be at boat ramps. I'm looking to build something like this that can be strapped to the boat and then just loaded in the back of the truck as a single unit and unloaded that way.

http://www.wheeleez.com/boat-dolly.php#

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Building Dolly Trailer

Do I need to protect the underside of the boat from the truck bed ?

If the truck bed has no protection like house mat, rubber mat or whatever, with constant underneath rubbing to in/out sib will end damaging lower tube fabric.

Anyone have any plans or ideas?
Will need to have a monster truck to place a complete assembled dolly trailer inside bed, if having room at home, why don't you make a flat bunk trailer, keep engine on transom at all times and just tow with your current truck. Much easier if using a boat ramp.

Happy Boating

reifer

Cadet

Base housing doesn't have room for boat trailers and they charge an arm and a leg for storage. What I'm looking for is a light weight trailer that I will be able to load into the back of the truck with the boat still on it.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

What I'm looking for is a light weight trailer that I will be able to load into the back of the truck with the boat still on it.

How do you intend to place trailer/sib combo to ground, does your truck have a hidraulic crane, plan to use a alum, wooden ramp ? If you are going to park next to boat ramps for placing and retrieving sib from water, why don't you just slide inflated sib from well protected truck bed, place onto water, place engine, gear and go. Find it useless and a waiste of money for such a short truck/ramp/sea distance travel/use.

Happy Boating