Inflatable Novurania '73 Hypalon Or PVC?

rmos

Cadet
Hi,

I have an old inflatable Novurania, but I have no clue if the fabric is either Hypalon or PVC. I've read some articles that say one can see this by the way the seems look, or by the color of the inside of the types. but I like to be sure, before ruin it...

I've attached some pictures, can someone tell from these pictures what fabric it is?

Thanks alot!

Type:
novurania.jpg

Patch with brand on front of the boat.
patch.jpg

Front of the boat.
front.jpg

Transom:
transom.jpg

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Inflatable Novurania '73 Hypalon Or PVC?

If the outter tube skin fabric in completely smooth as a tire bladder to touch definitely is hypalon, Italian manufacturers generally uses hypalon fabrics on their sib/rib boats, so as in new Novurania models. A pvc 38 year oldie sib simply wouldn't exist today.

Happy Boating

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I worked for Novarania..and I know during that time it was not PVC. I do not know about there older mods.

YD.

rmos

Cadet

Thanks for the replies, I'm pretty convinced now it is hypalon!

I worked for Novarania..and I know during that time it was not PVC. I do not know about there older mods.

hi im wodering if you can help me ,i have a novurania canguro 450gs the keel is broken and im trying to replace it ,do you have any floor plans so i can replace it ,,i would also like to renew the floor do you have sizes for that to or a copy of the original plans ..i cant get the correct radius for the front and it keeps ploughing in to the water cheers i hope you can help me

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

hi im wodering if you can help me ,i have a novurania canguro 450gs the keel is broken and im trying to replace it ,do you have any floor plans so i can replace it ,,i would also like to renew the floor do you have sizes for that to or a copy of the original plans ..i cant get the correct radius for the front and it keeps ploughing in to the water cheers i hope you can help me

What is a 450 GS ?

YD.

I dont even know what a canguro is ? year pics or something ?

fadynaguib

Recruit

YD.
HI I have a Novurania MX 430 jet was jut wondering what kind of material it's made from and what is the best patch material and glue to use on it
it's white color from the inside and outside
702937_10151392737240011_1593974115_n.jpgPicture 2091.jpg

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I dont know what products they used to bond the bubbles on the boats.

You should probably start a new thread with the appropriate year.

When I was with Nov there were no Jet drive options in production. There was a jet drive Nov built prior to my services .. but they apparently did not work to expectations .. so they dumped it.

You should look into your inflatable repair dealership guy for re-bonding the tubes.

Have you tried calling Nov ? .. you might get a good answer from them.

YD.