• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seaworthy Inflatable?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaworthy Inflatable?

I just got a inflatable boat made by seaworthy. I was wondering how I could get some info on this thing. The only thing I see on it is this:
    SVN 27466 E6 96. I would like to know how strong of a motor it can take, how to install the floors etc...

Re: Seaworthy Inflatable?

Seaworthy was an inflatable made in Yugoslavia(Serbia I think) and only sold through West Marine in the U.S. West decided one bright shiny day to stop buying the boat. It left the U.S. distributor with no customary so they sold off their few in stock boats and I bought the leftover stock of parts, material, etc. You can try West Marine and see if they have any kind of info left on the boats, but it has been five years...
    Last edited by TOHATSU GURU; April 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM. Reason: Five not seven
    Elvin
    My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
    2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
    3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

I looked up the MIC number (SVN) on the coast guard website and it says it was made in Severn, MD and the company went out of business a few years back.

Comment

The boat was imported into MD, not made in MD.
        Elvin
        My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
        2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
        3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

ahh thank you sir.

Comment

I am hoping someone out there has a set (or 1) of "Seaworthy" inflatable oarlocks for my older dingy. I am aware that "Seaworthy" is no longer in business but am hopeful that someone has an extra set they will sell. Without it I am going in circles, literally!

Comment

Noted,
              are you still looking for oarlocks for your Seaworthy inflatable? I have one of these boats too and recently started made replacement oarlocks for it. I can make and sell you a pair if you want.

-Tom

Comment

The company that did the importing is still in business they just changed their name. They are now selling a boat made in south america.
                I was just in that store a few weeks ago. For the locals. They have a bad reputation for inflatables but boating accessories are ok. If you cant find it anyplace else I can always stop by for you or give you there contact information
                Zodiac Fastroller 325
                Lehr 5HP propane outboard

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldj View Post
                  The company that did the importing is still in business they just changed their name. They are now selling a boat made in south america.
                  I was just in that store a few weeks ago. For the locals. They have a bad reputation for inflatables but boating accessories are ok. If you cant find it anyplace else I can always stop by for you or give you there contact information
                  Unfortunately, that is why you buy a name brand boat.

Comment

Working...
                  X