Photos of the New Tender

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi All,

I had to replace my Mercury inflatable and decided to try something else. I opted for a newer company called Bahia Boat. They do not have many dealers as of yet, however the build quality, features, and price are very competitive. It has a 3-piece, sealed hardwood floor, inflatable keel, the PVC is 1400 denier which is thicker than my old Merc's - you can tell just by feeling it, and a great accessory package as well. I have been extremely happy with it. Anyway, here are some photos. Any questions, just ask...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Photos of the New Tender

Very nice. I like that yellow color. I'll bet it almost planes with that 2.5! :)

MikDee

Banned

NICE! :cool: How much horsepower can it hold? and roughly, whats it's dimensions, & price range?

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very nice. I like that yellow color. I'll bet it almost planes with that 2.5! :)

Thank you. I like the yellow as well - stands out against all the grey tenders everyone else has. And the 2.5 is actually a 3.3 - I had to replace the carb, so I did so with the 3.3 carb which is the only difference between the 2 motors...she moves pretty well!

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

NICE! :cool: How much horsepower can it hold? and roughly, whats it's dimensions, & price range?

It is rated for 4hp - could probably handle a 5. It is the smallest in the Bahia Boat lineup at 7'6" x 4'2" @ 84lbs inflated. When I bought it the price was $315.

Here is their website: www.bahiaboat.com

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

$315. Nice price.

It looks really good, like the color. Is that a yellow stripe on your other boat in the last picture?

Let us know how it holds up.

P.S. Does that 3hp Merc have electric start? :rolleyes:

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

$315. Nice price.

It looks really good, like the color. Is that a yellow stripe on your other boat in the last picture?

Let us know how it holds up.

P.S. Does that 3hp Merc have electric start? :rolleyes:

I thought for the price, I couldn't go wrong. And it has been holding up pretty well - used it all summer with no problems.

The stripe on the boat is indeed yellow.

No electric start on the 2-stroke! LOL :D She starts with just one pull, however. It has twist-handle throttle, too.

mthieme

Captain

And to think I've been trying to find a hard shell dinghy for two years now. Old junk goes for $500 and are snapped up quick.
I'm checking this out further.
Thanks for sharing.

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

And to think I've been trying to find a hard shell dinghy for two years now. Old junk goes for $500 and are snapped up quick.
I'm checking this out further.
Thanks for sharing.

No problem, anytime. Here's a hint: ebay.

mthieme

Captain

Thanks, but I'm on eBay every day.
Matter of fact, there were two listed that ended today - $300 each.
I was going to get one, but I got stuck in the head at the wrong time.
(We did Mexican for lunch).

I checked out the Bahia web site.
They list your model at $650 - although delivered.

Have you tried rowing it? Is it easy or a pain?
Can you stand on the seat and be somewhat stable? (it's a soft crabbing thing)

MikDee

Banned

I am smitten with that little boat! ;) I'd like to buy it because it's so cute, colorful, versatile, & reasonable, but, I don't even have a need, or use, for it! :rolleyes: :D By the way, Lots of Luck with it!

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

Have you tried rowing it? Is it easy or a pain?
Can you stand on the seat and be somewhat stable? (it's a soft crabbing thing)

I was a rower in college, so if it has oars or can be fitted with oar locks, I row the thing :D It's pretty easy, actually. I don't know if I would stand on the seat - I think that would give the little boat a very high center of gravity, and a high risk of you getting wet!
But the floor is as solid as a rock, just as long as you keep your balance. :)

sundowner205

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am smitten with that little boat! ;) I'd like to buy it because it's so cute, colorful, versatile, & reasonable, but, I don't even have a need, or use, for it! :rolleyes: :D By the way, Lots of Luck with it!

Just tell the wife it's a new "tool" for boating-safety. Since when have we ever needed a reason to buy a new tool? :D

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Just tell the wife it's a new "tool" for boating-safety. Since when have we ever needed a reason to buy a new tool? :D

As seen from the nice pics the tubes needs to be pump up a bit, looks underinflated, get yourself a manometer if wanting to get the best sib/passenger performance out of it. Inflate minimum to 3.0 PSI all tubes including keel.

Happy Boating

flwestcoastboater

Seaman Apprentice

wow! That is a great boat for 315$!
I have also seen them listed for 400$ on tampa craigslist