Newbie here.. have questions about buying an inflatable. TIA for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run my Mercury 340 air deck at the recommended 11psi. Since I take a small dog with me, and plan to fish salt water with it I went to the hardware store and purchased a $13 roll of 1/2" thick lightweight foam fatigue mat that has a diamond plate embossed into it and trimmed it to fit. It is water proof so it does not turn into a sponge. With this boat I can stand up, walk or even jump up-n-down without feeling like it's gonna have an issue, even on an outer tube.

boatlova'

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I run my Mercury 340 air deck at the recommended 11psi. Since I take a small dog with me, and plan to fish salt water with it I went to the hardware store and purchased a $13 roll of 1/2" thick lightweight foam fatigue mat that has a diamond plate embossed into it and trimmed it to fit. It is water proof so it does not turn into a sponge. With this boat I can stand up, walk or even jump up-n-down without feeling like it's gonna have an issue, even on an outer tube.
Do you have to take out the fatigue mat every time to you deflate and store the boat?

Do you have to take out the fatigue mat every time to you deflate and store the boat?

I guess I could leave it in and roll it up without issue, but I just throw it in the bed of the truck and toss stuff on it. It is not that large once I trimmed it to fit the boat floor and it weighs nothing. I have been going to some muddy lakes and with a Boston Terrier that loves to play on the beach (mud ledge) the boat needs to get washed down when we get home anyhow.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Can't compare any low cost sib made out of shower curtain unsupported thin pvc fabric fabric against a traditional pvc Sib. It's comparing a Range Rower to a VW Beetle. Electric OB's have very limited battery life span, better would be going for a 2-4 strokes say 3.5 HP-OB's and extend your boating range and water fun.

If you'll be boating with family as a leisure activity, go straight for a Sib, although more expensive think about it as wiser long term excellent watercraft investment.

Happy Boating

Dublinpup3

Cadet
To continue with Sea Rider I purchased a foldable rib and somehow got a gash on the side. I was very glad to have a fiberglass hull. I was able to limp the boat about quarter mile in rough chop and get my family back to safety. With that said the dealer and manufacturer have fell off the face of the earth now that I need to use the warranty.

boatlova'

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have already purchased a Saturn XD430, the extra long dinghy. Thanks for all the suggestions/help.

The Saturn SK385XL has met and exceeded my expectations (from boatstogo.com). I was a little skeptic about purchasing an inflatable boat, but after taking my small kids out with me this last weekend, I’m no longer a skeptic. The boat is very durable, tracks well, and has quit a bit of room for the three of us (myself and 2 kids) along with our fishing tackle (and snacks of course). I also purchased and installed the wheels, which were fantastic!! Once done, the boat deflated quickly and rolls up to (size) fit inside the carry bag. Overall, I am extremely pleased with my purchase and highly recommend the SK385XL! Happy to answer any questions you may have.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The OP bought his boat, so this thread is long finished and done. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.