Bris Kaboat update and creative seating solution

awmaster10

Seaman Apprentice
The kaboat is holding up great, and I am starting to look into all sorts of things to kit it out with. I have a folding seat and swivel mount, but needed an elevated platform that was stable enough to put in the back of the boat and mount the swivel to. I ordered one of these from the good folks at iboats:

http://www.iboats.com/Seat-Stand-On...oogle-_-PLAs&gclid=CLXKj7CcxtQCFZZXDQodwTwGCA

Seems like it will work pretty well for the job, but I was a little worried about the feet damaging the air floor since it is only 4 contact points.

Today I was walking into my garage pondering what I could use as feet for the legs, and I randomly see the old christmas tree stand sitting waiting to be recycled. Turns out it is the perfect stand for the adjustable pedestal and swivel setup. Fits perfectly in the back of the boat and wedges under the tubes and is very stable.

In other news, I ordered that crazy chinese 4HP electric trolling motor. Wish me luck with that.

NmRo5uJl.jpg

awmaster10

Seaman Apprentice
Haha that is some ingeniouty right there.

Thank you :lol:

Its weird that such a solution doesnt exist specifically for boats. The metal frame type solution I originally purchased would not be nearly as good because of how much it would abstruct your legs when spinning.

Took it out today and it worked great. Lightweight, stable, and small.

UKEYDVDl.jpg