Portable inflatable boat

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Ha, ha, ha, never go with a wife to buy water toys, outboards, they are always on a budget. Would advise to buy a Hardline induction tach model HR 8061-2, install it on tiller, next to throttle grip, adjust to 2 sparks per revolution. Check Iboats, Amazon for them.

Go for a wot spin with wife, check achieved max wot revs once break in period ends. Soon after, if OB wot revs are low towards the lugging side can maximize a less pitch prop for combo to pull wot revs towards max factory stated.

Read carefully installation procedures on Owner's Manual, there's too much hanky panky going on on the forums about correct trim setting, all sorts of wild shots which doesn't work well.

BTW, what was the price difference betwen both Tohatsu 15-20 HP-OB's ?

Happy Boating

Dublinpup3

Cadet
Guess I have some homework to do. Would messing around with the induction cause my warranty to go invalid.
Anyways just a $300 difference

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Nope an induction tach should not invalid a warranty as there's nothing electrical to connect to, it's just a 4-5 pick up cable wraps to any of the spark plug wires and you're done.

Imagine all the things your wife will do saving you $ 300. LOL!!

Happy Boating

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Guess I have some homework to do. Would messing around with the induction cause my warranty to go invalid.
Anyways just a $300 difference

I no it's too late but you should have gotten a Suzuki outboard.
They are the lightest outboards out right now.
The 9, 15 and 20 hp all weigh the same
I'm trying to sneak one in the house now.

Dublinpup3

Cadet
Unfortunately Ronald. I pick up my motor tomorrow and I think it weighed 117lbs. I think I will try the hairline tach induction however. It seems to be within my skill level. Right now I'm just obsessively checking my UPS tracking for my boat. It's somewhere near Roanoke VA. Thought it would be here by now but it was late getting sent out. And sea rider making my wife happy is gonna cost me a lot more than $300. She's at home with the kids while I travel out of the country for two weeks a month. I'm just lucky she sticks around.

Dublinpup3

Cadet
Hey friends,
The FRIB has been great. Installation couldn't have been any easier and really does only take about 5 min. With that said it wasn't as portable as I had hoped. Doesn't fit in my crossover SUV without putting seats down and no room for kiddos in back. Good news is another yacht club member saw me looking pathetic and gave me an unused mooring. Now I don't have to transport every time. Anyways haven't open up the throttle yet, still a little more time with the engine break in period. It does however run great in the Harbor, so much so even my wife is excited about it. Now that's tough to do.

NightAngler

Cadet
Assembled and and the end of the day Dis-assembled my 360/alum floor SIB..after about three one day outings got tired of doing it! Bought a cheap used 500lb max 14 foot trailer and added a couple bunks... and wow best 400 dollar investment I have ever made.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Yep, those foldable boats will end boring you if too much assembling/disassembling is needed. A trailer was the way to go, as the Boys Scouts, sib will be always ready for a quick and fast launch. Post wot results when OB has finished it's break in process.

Happy Boating

Dublinpup3

Cadet
No Title

Unfortunately I received a tear in the boat somewhere in the middle of Boston Harbor. I will say the boat held up great and I was able to get my family back to the docks, but now I'm bummed I'm dying to go back out. Anyways the dealership has been great and trying to see if I'm eligible a manufacturer warranty. Otherwise I hope it's not costly a repair. I have a few weeks left of vacation and want to spend it in the water with the family.

Attachments

• photo268950.JPG
    photo268950.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 0

awmaster10

Seaman Apprentice
Man, thats really unfortuntate. Did you hear it hit anything or did it just randomly start leaking?

Dublinpup3

Cadet
Sorry for the hiatus. I have had the boat back in the water for about a month now and I'm getting really comfortable. I was wondering how you go about getting this WOT speed? Felt like I was flying yesterday and am curious of speeds. BTW went on the FRIBS longest ride in the Boston Harbor and it performed great even with that stupid Godzilla boat destroying the water and giving me some nice chop.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Wot rpm and wot speed are different scenarios, will need a induction tach along a GPS for that venture..OB must run at least middle to max wot rpm factory range as loaded, although max rpm is preferred for a near instant hole shot.

Happy Boating