Dolly for Mariner 4?

KnightAngler

Recruit
So in order to minimize time spent on the boat ramp, I'm looking into a dolly for my Mariner 4 for when I'm solo launching the boat.

Ideally I could pump up my Mariner 4, load all my gear into it, and then using the dolly, I could unload it into the water and return the dolly to my car. Then, when I'm done for the day, I could scoop up the boat onto my dolly and then return it to my car for packing up.

There are only a few dolly's I can find online for inflatable rafts, and they cost more than double that of the boat itself. I've also seen a couple people make PVC dolly's themselves but I'm skeptical of their longevity. Has anyone found a cheap alternative that wouldn't require building the dolly myself?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A cheap one will surely not last that long if Sib will be used on salt waters. A pity that those type of inflatables doesn't have a built-in transom next to tubes to add launching wheels.

Happy Boating

Pack Rat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

I launch a 12 '6" SIB on homemade dollies at the ramp. They float. Been doing it for 6 seasons. You need a truck or trailer obviously to haul dollies

Attachments

• photo265392.jpg
    photo265392.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 7
  • photo265393.jpg
    photo265393.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Strapped dollies won't work ok on a Mariner 4. First entry level Sibs lacks fabric rigidity, fabric is way thin and internally unsuported will flex enormously, doesn't matter if air topped. It's the nature of the beast.

Happy Boating