thoughts or experience with inflatable catamaran tender?

I'm not a fan of inflatable tenders because of the room they occupy on the swim platform when transporting.
But, I have to get one for the Bahamas out island trip I'm doing and thinking inflatable catamaran tender type. My thought is to fold it up completely for the long hauls, but only partially (maybe the sponsons stay filled and just fold the floor so they are together) and tie down to swim platform for the small runs.
As I don't see anyone using them is this because they are a bad choice or just to new to North America?

So Is any one using an Inflatable catamaran as their tender? and is it good or bad idea.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Post a pic to have an overall idea of the inflatable cat model. Anyway which size is it, which HP is transom rated for ?

Happy Boating

No Title

I'm not sure what size, manufacture, material yet. But question more about the design of a cat vs tradition zodiac style.

That said here is one that weighs 70 lbs and can take upto a 9hp. (I'd only want a small 2 to 5 hp). made by Takacat lite.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo257776.JPG
    photo257776.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 0

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Seems there's only 2 sizes to choose from. 3 & 3-4 Mtr lenghts. If storing it inflated while on the swim platform is a PITA you can always tow it with raised lower leg and a long towing line when cruising. The only downside I see using it as a tender having an open bow, water can get in when at choppy water cond. Those cats are for speed including wetting passengers along..

If ease of assembly/disassembly, compact storing, light weight is a must have, other nice option is an air deck traditional same size Sib. Just remember than in order for air floor to flex least assuring good rigidity, both air decks must be top air inflated to their factory stated working pressure.

Happy Boating