Numbers and Registration

Thrillsbe

Recruit
What is the best way for me to attach my registration sticker and numbers to my new Cadet? There is a fair chance that it may be sold in another state, so the numbers should be "somewhat" removable.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Will you be using it while it's for sale?
Will it be stored in public view?

If no to both, maybe you don't need to put them on at all?

Otherwise, I'd think stick the decals to some kind of thin plastic (or wood) plates that you can rope to the sides?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Use on the water is the only time the numbers are needed. Sitting your front yard doesn't need the rego numbers to be displayed.

The stick on numbers don't stay on in many cases. You can use something like this;

These are made for inflatables. Click the picture. Currently out of stock, but you get the idea.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
I've always used a board made out cutting board like plastic. Put the numbers and stickers on without any glue without any issues with them falling off. Last year I glued my stickers onto my PVC boat and that has worked too.

79 (1).JPG

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You can also put your registration sticker and or fishing stamps on your transom
Put your boat numbers on a piece of fiberglass and hang they off the boat like most people do

blackmax115

Recruit
Get yourself double sided velcro for the registration decal, for the numbers get a stencil and use permament marker