Biggest Rib for Short Shaft

atohmaz

Recruit
Hi,
I have a 15' SIB with a new 25HP engine (1 year old only). The SIB, has been used a good amount and it is time to replace it. But I would like to get the RIB (hard bottom). The issue is my 25HP is short shaft (15") and most ribs I see require long shaft. Any suggestion? I found an 11' that would take my engine but would rather get something bigger.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Please remember iboats is an online retailer amd dont post competitive sites, online or otherwise.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Ribs with small/medium tubes are usually made for short shaft engines. The larger ones are for long shaft engines. Ask shaft lenght before buying.. An 11" Rib is too short, won't like it after boating with a 15" one.

Happy Boating

atohmaz

Recruit
Sear Rider, I know. That is why I am asking if anyone knows of a RIB in the 15' range that accepts short shaft engine.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Won't find a Rib that long that accepts a short shaft OB. The larger the higher the transom...Could be factory modified, but that's other story..

Happy Boating

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You may be better off taking your 15 foot sib to a dealer and getting a cost for putting a rib hull on your existing boat

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You may be better off taking your 15 foot sib to a dealer and getting a cost for putting a rib hull on your existing boat

He will still have same problem. The long shaft transom is part of the hull. If you're talking about having a custom hull made, lots of money.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
I hate to say anything about Sea Eagle but their 14 ft boat had a transom for a short shaft motor. That model was replaced a couple of years ago for ones that used a 20 in shaft but the older model was still available last I looked. Just be aware that everything glued onto their boats becomes unglued just after the three year warranty period. That's been my experience with two of their boats anyways.