Intex Excursion 4

aznriceman

Recruit
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the boating scene and just got an Intex Excursion 4 given to me. After reading on the Mariner 4 thread in this forum, I decided to join. Thank you to everyone's input on that thread! There were lots of useful information on it which gave me plenty of ideas!

Upon some brief research, I have decided to attempt the following mods:
- add a 3 piece, wooden floor with foam bumper and vinyl wrap
- install 2 boat seats
- add a removal table to hold rod holder and fish finder

Are there any DIY's for those mods indicated above? I've already ordered the Intex motor mount (found on sale online for $28 CAD, shipped!).

A bit of a background on my usage. I live in Southern Alberta, Canada, and fish the Red Deer River and some reservoirs often (only from shore). I target walleye mostly but want to start finding whitefish and lake trout as well with this boat. While I expect some windy days,

Here are some other questions I have for others on the same boat (pun intended...).
- I've got a Lowrance Elite 4 fish finder (ice machine) for ice fishing and want to convert that for this boat. Is there a kit I can buy to easily install a new transducer or would I need to DIY something?
- I'm thinking of getting a Minn Kota Endura Max 40 for this. Is this enough? What battery would you recommend?
- Is the seat pedestal something I can put together or is a $30 purchase required to safely secure the seat?

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom! I look forward to learning more from you!

Cheers,
Frank