Please help IDing Zodiac Fastroller

Fenix84

Cadet
I know this is a long shot but thought id give it a try.

So I'm talking with an older gentlemen about buying his used zodiac fastroller boat. This is the only photo he has of the boat and being an older fellow he is unable to email me photos of the boat.

zodiacfastroller.jpg

Based on this photo is anyone able to identify the year and model of it. He is 100% sure its a Zodiac 340 fastroller but that is all. Purchased around 2008. He does have the manual which includes a sketch of the boat. The back tubes are torpedo styled with black cones, not consistent with the newer fastrollers i've seen.

The manual also lists the following
Overall length: 11' 2"
Overall width: 5' 6"
Inside length: 7' 4" - This has me puzzled - I cannot find a fastroller with this measurement
Inside width: 2' 7"
Chambers: 3 + 1 + 1 - I thought fastrollers were 3 + 1 (keel and floor filled from the same valve)
Tube Diameter: 1' 6"
Weight: 73 lbs
Max Capacity: 600 kg / 1333 lbs

Thanks

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I take offense with this;

being an older fellow he is unable to email me photos
:mad:

Have him see what's on the capacity plate. Even an old guy like me should be able to unroll the thing and read/write down the info.

Fenix84

Cadet
sorry he's not technically inclined. the boat is stored hung from the ceiling in his garage, he isn't able to get it down on his own. we don't live in the same city so I'm unable to help.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

How long has it been hanging from the ceiling? It may be a dry rotted mess by now if the garage heats up in the summer.

If he wants to sell it, he will get it down. You're looking at buying a SIB, not a storage bag that looks good.

Fenix84

Cadet
Its a brand new boat, he says he has never used it. So i m guessing its been hanging there for quite some time.

GA_Boater

8 years old, stored in what may be less than optimal conditions - It is not a brand new boat.

Fenix84

Cadet
What happens to a thermo-bonded PVC boat after 8 years? What kind of wear should i expect?
Im guessing its been stored in his non-heated garage. Cold winters (-30 degrees C), semi warm summer (30 degrees C).

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
What's the asking price ? Thermo bonded seams should be OK. Anyway don't buy anything prior having looked at it personally as could be buying a Pandora Sib blindlessly unless it's peanuts cost and want to take the risk buying it as mentioned.

Happy Boating