Help me out

Buttanic

Senior Chief Petty Officer
In the 70's I had a Zodiac Mk ll with a 20 HP Merc. I just aquirred a free Evinrude 9.9 and am thinking about an inflatable for it. Looking in the 10 to 12 foot range. Now days the choises are hypalon, PVC, glued or welded and many more brands. I am trying to stay below $1500 so that seems to rule out hypolon unless it is a used boat. I plan on using it on bays and rivers. Who makes the best PVC boat. I saw that Zodiac is moving some or all production to China, not what I wanted to hear.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check Iboats inflatables, other nice alternative Quicksilver, Saturn PVC inflatables, now a days most fabricators are using 1.2 mm Korean, German fabrics that holds longer UV radiation, if inflatable will be stored/sheltered after its use, Hypalon is a waste of money and fabric is thinner than PVC on recreational models.

Don't go under 12", will bore you soon along less carrying capacity. A larger inflatable will plane faster with same OB than a shorter one. Report models you have looked at.

Zodiac can't compete with other inflatable manufactures, that's why are manufacturing their recreational boats in PRCH (China) to lower costs.

Happy Boating

cledus

Cadet
Zodiac moved production of only some models to China a few years ago. These were new models to the line up and they have started to back track and go back to Europe for production under new ownership. glued PVC boats simply do not hold up very well. That is why Zodiac only warranties those boats for two years while their welded French built boats are warranties for five years.