New Inflatable boat owner w/questions.

rromeo923

Cadet
I recently purchased a Saturn SD-330w inflatable boat. I took it out once and it worked great w/ trolling motor out fishing on a lake. So I am happy.

A couple of questions.

I want to take it on a river float fishing. At points the river will be too shallow for motor so I will be relying on oars. How do people deal with the fact that you generally are facing backwards when you oar? Also how do you navigate when the water is running using the oars? Only possible class 1 or 2 rapids.

How do you transport it while uninflated. I have a hatchback that it fits in but the problem is getting it to the hatchback uninflated. It weighs about 100lbs and is quite bulky. Very hard for one person. Any ideas?? I am going to get wheels for it when it is blown up to move short distances but getting it to the car is problematic.

Thanks!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
To begin with the W stands for a 330 Wide Sib Model which has tons of water drag under hull. So it's near impossible to row up current unless you are a Hulk boater with out of this world arms to do so. Aside hull drag, being a wide sib, assume will have width rowing limitations if solo rowing, one rower at each side would be much better.

Even if you can transport a deflated sib from house to car, will need another buddy or a passerby to help you out to put that sib inside hatchback. That's an alum floor sib, right ?

Happy Boating

rromeo923

Cadet
It has a inflatable floor. Still it is heavy and bulky. I was thinking some kind of Dolly or foldable hand truck.
I wouldnt be rowing up river just down river. Floating and fishing and occasionally dropping anchor and fishing. I am concerned about hitting rocks though...

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
To have the least hull drag inflate all air chambers to it's max recommended working pressure, sib rigidity makes rowing less stressing. Is it a removable air deck or it's glued to lower tubes ? If hitting round rocks no issue as will slide under floor fabric. Point, sharp ones are a different story.

Happy Boating

rromeo923

Cadet
I believe I am going to stay out of rivers with this craft until I figure it out a bit more and get some more information. Lakes for now.