New inflatable

Strychn9ne

Seaman Apprentice
I currently own and use a 14' starcraft, but I'm also looking into getting an inflatable dinghy for next year to use occasionally for fishing. I'm trying to figure out the best one for my usage and for the lowest possible price.

What I'd like is a dinghy that can roll up into a carry bag with a hard floor between 8 and 9 feet long for use on lakes, ponds, and some rivers as well. I want to mate a 1957 Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5hp engine to it. I already have the engine, so I'm basically buying a boat for it. What do you guys suggest I look at?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
8 - 9 footer sibs will bore you fast, will be near same as assembling a larger one. Good sizes are 320 and up, preferably square or round bow, pointy ones looses too much available space up front. A larger one will plane much better than a shorter one. Quicksilver has nice ones and with warranty.

Happy Boating

Strychn9ne

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks for the response! I looked at the Mercury ones and like the looks of the adventure series. I can't seem to find prices for them, though. I'm looking to spend less than $1,000, so I may have to go small. I'm thinking the Adventure 310 or 290 would be plenty sufficient for me, though I do have to be careful about the max engine weight. I don't know how much that old Rude weighs, but I'd guess it's around 60 to 80 pounds or more.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check Iboats, Defender for them. Go for the 340 model, it's a 3.20 mtr sib , 310 which is a 2.90 mtr is boring short. Other alternative Saturn Inflatables. A less HP engine will push, plane much better a larger sib than same pushing a shorter one.

Happy Boating