New Zodiac two valves leaking air

nasdaqsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Any quick fixes? I have them turned out to seat but still leak air. Tried opposing them quite a few times still nothing.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Post valve pics..assume are the ones that uses thin rubber diphragms ?

Happy Boating

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Being new, they should be ok, but you now that. Sometimes debris gets in the valve, but you have tried that already. Check the seating area for the valve, it's just hard plastic. Injection molded. If not made perfectly, they leak. Being new, have you contacted zodiac?

nasdaqsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
They are the ones that have the knob that turns to release air or seal them. Two hold perfect the others not at all. Has to be something simple. I didn't get a lot of time to work on it last night.

I contacted Defender were I bought it from but have not heard back yet. I was thinking of taking them apart and using a little silicone grease (Dive gear grade) to make a better seal. I will check the outer seal also it leaks right by both. Not a big leak but enough so that the tubes are soft by morning.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Simple procedure, push valve to remain fully opened and squirt compress air inside valve, if with sand, debris, air should clear it, if not, with valve tool remove air valves from tubes. Don't lose lower valve assy inside tubes when removing upper assy. Once out push pin fully in to remain opened and with brush and soappy water clean the lower rubber seal and lower valve asssy. Ask Defender to sell you a Zodiac valve tool to have it handy.

With a medium Phillips screwdriver check that small pin screw if having one is well adjusted fully in. When assembling back valve onto tube with valve tool, apply soappy water on lower valve and fabric and screw back where originaly seated, visible marks needs to match again. Valve must be adjusted tight against tube's fabric for a tight seal..

Happy Boating

nasdaqsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sea Rider, Excellent advice. I will give that a try. I figured as two of them are doing it, it has to be just a simple thing but I think Defender should give me the tool, lol. Thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Ask Defender for a Zodiac alum air valve tool if available, are much better than hard plastic ones that breaks with time, use and abuse.

Happy Boating