Inflatables and RIBs picture thread

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Ia that a Tohatsu Ever Run or Honda OB, which HP is it ?

Happy Boating

Katch

Cadet
Good job looks really nice. What size motor is that?

I currently have a 1999 Yamaha C60 2-stroke, but I am considering upgrading to a new F70 4-stroke. Used ones are going for $5000 - $6000; but, I can get a new one for $7100 plus rigging. I figure paying the extra is worth the piece of mind on reliability-hoping to keep the total cost to around $8000.

Steve

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
With a 60 HP that boat should fly to Mars, which is the max HP stated on tech plate if having one. Is it a tiller driven combo or with small central console. Just for the record, are you running the combo trimmed as seen on pic while having passengers on board ?

Happy Boating

Katch

Cadet
No Title

With a 60 HP that boat should fly to Mars, which is the max HP stated on tech plate if having one. Is it a tiller driven combo or with small central console. Just for the record, are you running the combo trimmed as seen on pic while having passengers on board ?

Happy Boating

This one is a 450 VST - with a small center console. At 14'9", it is closer to the newer 15VST Oceanus. The transom plate reads a 75HP max engine.
Wit a gps, mine doesn't go over 30 mph. While I checked the compression last summer (all cylinders read between110-120), I had it professionally serviced a couple months ago. The mechanic claimed that one of the cylinders has a much lower pressure than the other two. He said it could last a couple months...or a couple years. I need something reliable, as I usually boat alone (with a couple cell phones, gps units, vhf radio and a satellite phone).

:tea:
Steve

Attachments

• photo246488.jpg
    photo246488.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 1

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Steve, nice set up, boating fun is fully guaranteed LOL!!

Igyjustabay, are you running combo trimmed as seen on pic while having passengers on board ? Is it a tiller, central console, with or without electric trim & tilt ?

Happy Boating

I

Igyjastabay

Seaman
!

Igyjustabay, are you running combo trimmed as seen on pic while having passengers on board ? Is it a tiller, central console, with or without electric trim & tilt?

It's a bare bones outfit. No console no lifters. Has a 15hp Honda that adequately moves to big guys 25mph. Here is a testament to the sea worthiness of these small boats. I got caught in a some very bad weather a few weeks ago. Seas were at 5-6 feet before I knew it. I was very nervous. Went slow close to shore line and made it to the back bay no problem. 5 inches of water in the boat and soaked to the bone.

Happy Boating

I
[/QUOTE]

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
It's a bare bones outfit. No console no lifters. Has a 15hp Honda that adequately moves to big guys 25mph.
I

A Rib correctly propped will perform top on near any kind of bad weather, those small portables on light combos can do boating marvels. You should open rear water drain at lower transom when on plane to drain deck water out, how much and fast will depend entirely on the water drain diameter. With respect about your OB trim, if that's the way you are using it, pic shows being over trimmed. Should be trimmed for cowl's logo to sit parallel to water level when combo is floating alone. With deck correctly weight balanced will achieve combo running paralell to water level which is the ideal trim set up for manual trim OB's.

Happy Boating

pgnyc

Seaman
Finally could get into the water , i am a month late from 2015 saison.
here a pict just after the Whitestone bridge with plane landing to LGA in the back.

IMG_1169_R.jpg