Zebec Captains Chair - or other seat mounting options for RIB

Slayer33

Seaman Apprentice
Hi there, I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with these glue-on style seat mounting brackets. I have a local dealer here who is offering me this as an option vs making any permanent holes in my 12' RIB aluminum floor...

Looks like there is 4 pads to be glued on and the frame connects.. this allows for a swivel mounted seat to be installed... looks like it could save floor space vs mounting pedestals but I don't know if there would be too much stress on the tubes with this kind of setup.. thoughts? Obviously the dealer said they are really sturdy and work great but he has to say that...

My boat is 12'.. has 1.2mm PVC all the way around.

http://zebecboats.com/index.php?opti...hk=1&Itemid=57

Attachments

• Capt-chair-CAPT02S-seat-cad-pad-brk-loc1.jpg
    Capt-chair-CAPT02S-seat-cad-pad-brk-loc1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I'm no expert but I def think your fabric is strong enough to handle.... And it looks really cool!

Slayer33

Seaman Apprentice
Hmmm.. I think it would too, but my concern is for how long? Maybe I'm over concerned about the fabric stretching where the pads are glued..

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
But I think the majority of the weight is being rested on top of the tube.... The pads are really just stability

Slayer33

Seaman Apprentice
This is true, I actually picked 2 of them up last night, I see how the design is and there is actually more of the bracket that sits on top of the tube for support. I probably won't install them til next week, but I'll post some pics once I do.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Just inflate sib to its factory recommended working pressure once on water to avoid stressing/stretching the glued patches. Zebec is Korean made, not Canadian. How many boaters do you plan sitting on seats on Rib ?

Happy Boating

Last edited:

Slayer33

Seaman Apprentice
I am going with at least 2 seats, 1 for myself and another.. but if they work out well I may try to put 3-4 in total...

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
What's the general use for that 12 footer Rib, recreational, cruising at speed, fishing, goofing around with an inflatable ?

Happy Boating