Sevylor HF 360

RedMackrel

Recruit
I just purchased my first boat, and it is the Sevylor HF360. I have been reading all the posts on here and am excited to see that most of them are positive.
I am curious, is there anyone that still has theirs? The last post was from Oct. 2012. I would love some advise from those of you that have been using theirs for so long. I am a bigger man and was curious if the flooring helps with that? I want to start fishing ON the water, not IN the water.
If any of you are still reading this string, please let me know how everything is going.
Thank you!!!

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I think you can get a lot of ideas from the mariner 4 group.... you'll want a hard floor.... read up on that thread, most of those mods can be done to your boat and there are a ton of you tube videos on both

mrdrh99

Also, be realistic with your expectations and know the limitations of your boat and you'll be happy.... It's not a big sib, it's not a big aluminum or glass boat, you're not going to move any faster than 3-5 mph. But you def can get off the bank, find structure, fish deep water, etc. Just remember this and you'll be happy!

RedMackrel

Recruit
Thank you mrdrh99 for your help. I've been looking at all the old posts, trying to learn more about my boat. I will definitely check out the mariner 4 threads as well.

As for the flooring, I don't own any tools to help build some of this stuff. I live in an apartment. However, I am going to see if my local hardware store can fabricate it for me if I get a decent blueprint. I'm hoping.

mrdrh99

Only tool you'll really need is a jig saw... Sandpaper for the edges, pool noodles for the edges, couple coats of paint and you're done! Remember measure 5 times, cut once ! Lol, really just don't cut to short... No big deal