Deck on my sea eagle foldcat

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So.... Been recovering from a knee surgery and haven't been able to do much lately. Feeling better today and I've been wanting to put a solid deck on my foldcat...I went for it. 3/4 ply....I was only going for 1/2 but went to Lowe's and they were culling lumber like crazy, got a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 treated for $1!!!! Yes...$1! Anyways...I decided I wanted it carpeted like I had done in the past with my mariner. Found the carpet for $13, and spent about $10 in ss hardware. Glued and stapled the carpet... And it looks great! Got the seat and canopy mounted. Still need to get the Lowrance 4hdi on and figure out where to put the batteries plus a few d rings, cletes, and where to tie the anchors...

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Heck yeah that is very nice upgrade. You will appreciate the thicker plywood stability it provides too. You got room for a kegarator and a tv now too.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What are you powering it with.

Last edited:

mrdrh99

I have both a 4hp outboard for the larger waters here, but most of the lakes here are electric only, for that I have a 50# minn kota, and I have a second 36# tm I'm playing around with the idea of mounting it on the front. Also thinking of selling the ob and 2nd tiller tm and getting a nicer bow mount tm for the front...hmmm....

mrdrh99

OK, just about water ready... Batteries are mounted under my seat. Lowrance elite 4hdi is mounted on the deck... Should be easily visible. Canopy is on and various d rings to tie off to docks and anchor. Put 2 rod bungees on the side similar to bass boats to keep them handy. Still need to tidy up the wiring