Surplus FC470 purchase--missing parts questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gudge2

Recruit
Well, I just had to. Bought a surplus FC470 Zodiac. It's missing the floor--expected that. The transom and bow thrust board look good and the control valves are there and turn. The overpressure valves are gone and it looks like the CO2 valves have been canabalized--look open to me. There's a valve base in the bow...that's missing and I'm not sure where the inflation valves should be. There are two valves just above the C02 valves in or near the stern. Parts books show them as the place for the over pressure valves. So, I need some advice and parts. Can send pictures if someone is out there willing to look.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
You plan to install all missing parts or just air valves to inflate Sib with a manual air pump ? Zodiac floors, valves are quite expensive..

Happy Boating

Gudge2

Recruit
Thanks. I plan on putting enough into it to inflate just to see what I'm in for...whether I can get it in the water for a reasonable price or whether I should sell and take my loss. It looks like it's in good shape. I think whoever sent it to surplus just kept the floor and everything they could unscrew.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Check with Defender all misssing parts, Being Zodiac, expect to be quite pricey.

Happy Boatimg

SoCal Diver

Recruit
Where are you located? I am in SoCal and might have a line of a donor boat that you can get parts from.

Status
Not open for further replies.