Strakes on a SIB hull

decrepit

Cadet
I'm a novice, so I apologize if I'm off on correct boat terminology here.
I use a SIB, never used a RIB, but hear the rib has a superior hull. Aside from the hull of the SIB being soft and wobbly, a difference I've noticed is that SIB hulls don't have strakes, aside from the one for protection over the keel. Since the SIB hull has more drag than a regular hull, I don't see why strakes aren't glued to the bottoms of the boats to try to offest some of this, as it seems to to be that this is the purpose of strakes. It also seems to be an easy job to glue on your own strakes (of appropriate size and shape). Have an opinion on this?
Another observation is that the second layer of fabric added to the bottom of the tubes is not flush with the surface of the boat. The front of the boat then has a mm high drag spot. A spot of glue to smooth this ridge would eliminate the drag, but I'm not sure if it really matters.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Strakes glued on Sib's bottom will need to be quite stiff to work well, the issue is than when folding Sib for storage will have unwanted foldiing issues. Just inflate Sib to at least 3.0 PSI working pressure along keel to form a good stretched tent like shape under hull for good water performance.

Happy Boating