Aleko 12.5

possom10

Recruit
Looking at getting a SIB, I have done lots of research and am really trying to balance quality with price. I'm most looking at either a 360-380 SIB with either a 15 Hp, but maybe a 9.9. (Will not be trailering, therefore being able to solo the OB is key)

For use I am looking to have 3-4 adults on board for use in sheltered bays and harbors on the ocean, and will be putting at I am very attracted to the seamax models, however I have noticed on amazon (canada) an Aleko. It says it is 1.2 mm PVC and their videos make it seem legit.

Does anyone have any experience with Aleko? I'm sure it's safe to assume that "you get what you pay for" but all of the different companies seem to be ordering them from the same place and slapping their own logos on them it's really hard to tell.

Thanks for your time,

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Wrlcome to Iboats,

Now a days a third party could fabricate your Sib/Rib with you own logo. 1.2 mm PVC fabrics are seen more these days compared to 0.9 mm standard fabric . Being thicker should last longer along better abrassion, sun punishment. If going for one, check that store has a good after purchase service or will be throwing money into the blue..

Seamax is producing well priced heavy duty 1.2 mm nice looking sibs too, check if all models, or just the larger ones.

There's a world of difference boating solo with a 9.9 HP and doing same with a 15 HP and 4 up. Check 4 strokes weight for both, at least on 2 strokes both weights same. So up to you which model will be comfy while carrying to sit on transom. You plan assembling/disassembling Sib after use ?

Happy Boating

Last edited:

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recommend if there is a store that is within driving distance you buy from them. That way if you have a warranty issue they will take care of you. I have owned 3 inflatables and all 3 needed warranty work from top of the line Achilles to lower end boatstogo. If you do end up buying off the internet I Would try to buy the most expensive brand you can afford from a reputable company. Searider is right anyone can have a Chinese boat made and put there own label on it. I would also try to find a Yamaha 15hp 2stroke. They are the holy grail of sib engines IMHO.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If you buy from Internet or far away dealer from your current location, check if there's a reputed inflatable repair shop near you if something needs to be fixed, the only issue is that will need to pay for that repair. Those Aleko heavy duty Sibs looks very alike as Seamax, JP inflatables, probably maufactured at same asian factory ?

Tell dealer to inflate fully that Sib at his location before sending it to you. Find really stupid just because there's a warranty you have to ship the Sib back to dealer to have it fixed if something is wrong. I personally inflate and check all my Sibs/Ribs before are sent to far away buyers and avoid costly returns and brand beat.

Happy Boating