achilles sg124 repairs

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Well it's been a long month but the floor is done, launch wheels are installed, patches are installed where I found potential leaks, and license numbers are sharpied eon. I will never use interlux bilge paint again because it is the nastiest paint I have ever inhaled in my life. I was actually sick for a few days after painting the boards but it turned out pretty darn nice. Memorial Day weekend is upon us and it's pouring rain in Houston. Hopefully I will get to launch her this weekend. I really love the aluminum floor board system in the Achilles. The long batons snap on top of the aluminum boards instead of on the bottom. Super easy and no more having to put an oar under the boat on each side. The Cliftons hypalon glue I bought from NRS seems to be top notch. It is now time to enjoy the inflatable boat I always dreamed of owning.

Attachments

• photo244789.jpg
    photo244789.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 0

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Congrats and happy boating! Yeah Clifton is good stuff,it's what I've been using up to this point. I recently got some HH-66 from NRS. Should work well and about half the cost of Clifton. By the way last year I stayed at the Lake Houston marina for about three months before I moved to Canyon Lake near San Antonio.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Well I have no idea how four post happened and I can't figure out how to take them off so sorry about that.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yeah I have used that boat ramp many times not for my inflatable but for my wakeboard boat I sold last year. I mostly use the boat ramp on the upper san Jac river at River Grove park in Kingwood. So Your up in Canyon Lake and I believe Neuner is too. I need to make up there and we officially have enough people for a party.

Jiggyjay

Seaman
Great deal! So how did you find this deal when you're in Houston and the seller in the east coast?

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm a Craigslist junkie. I usually start out in Texas and start working may east to Miami and then all the way up to the east coast to as far as Boston. I have family in Alabama, Florida, Maryland, and Massachusetts. My brother happened to be within a 100 miles of this great deal so he picked it up for me.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Trying to find a really nice 25hp Yamaha 2stroke now.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys I'm heading up to Lake Buchanan last minute plans. Will be staying at the Highline Resort and they still have rooms. If you guys want to come up and meet me my cell phone is 832-727-6784. Clark. the resort is in tow Texas so it's very close to the waterfalls