Mercury 380hd

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone own a Mercury 380hd made of hypalon. Doing so research on the boat it is made out of T20 Achilles hypalon that is 1.1mm thick. I believe that is the thickest hypalon they make. The boat comes with an aluminum floor and has a 10 year warranty. I found a new 2014 at defender* for 2700 bucks. That seems like a great price when its competitors are selling for 2-4 times more depending who you buy from. But like all things in life you never get more than you pay for so what have they skimped on compared to an Achilles su model or zodiac mill pro.

Last edited:

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
What are you trying to find out?
You do know that Zodiac owns Achillies now don't you

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No I think Achilles is separate company. My question is about the quality of the Mercury hd series?

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Zodiac owns Bombardier, Avon, not sure about Achilles. Their Hypalon fabric is superb, not sure if T20 corresponds to1.1 mm fabric on that medium size inflatable, usually 0.9mm on those, If being 1.1 mm fabric, you have a + Those are recreational, fast responder sibs, can't be compared to Zodiac Mil ones, it's comparing a VW beatle against a Hummer including costs. Price is good, probably a leftover which intend to sell fast.. Defender will stand for their warranty, go for it before someone else buys it..

Happy Boating

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Mercury web site shows 1.1mm hypalon and here is a link which shows all the hypalon that Achilles manufactures so it's definately T20. Pretty sweet stuff. Yeah it's a really great buy.
http://www.achilles-wendt.com/specif...ed-Fabrics.pdf

Looking at the zodiac mill pro it's 1670 Dtx which is the equivalent of t15 so the Mercury is actually thicker.

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Right, checked the specs after posting. Much better yet, it's a plus counting with thicker Hypalon fabric, more abrasion resistance and UV punishment. Zodiac Milpro are usually larger and costly...Is there a 380 Sib model available, or only larger 430-470 models ?

Happy Boating