Seats in a inflatable

jbcurt00

Staff member
Since Chopper isnt involved, not entirely.

You and SeaRider are having a discussion about the 2 of your boats.

IN Mariner4

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You're welcome, don't have experience with pedestal seats, assume are very limited compared to sib/rib driving seats, the plus is that you have huge storage space as well, could hide fuel tank inside and lots of gadgets while driving cushioned seated. Defender has lots of accesories for sibs & ribs, check with them, Remember having seen those on their web page.

BTY in which inflatable model do you plan installing a driving/pedestal seat ?

Happy Boating

Hi,

I am working on three different boats 1) Zodiac FZ 470; 2) a beat up old Jon boat and 3) my experimental Mariner 4 (going to put hard floor; trolling motor and seats to start off). I was thinking of the Bass boat type pedestal in the Mariner 4. But I like the seat previously talked about. The Zodiac arrived yesterday and haven't touched it yet but have a few ideas and will be used on the river and for diving. The Jon boat is for thumping around in the creeks and rivers for medal detecting.

IN Mariner4

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Bump

Start a topic about your boat Alan and discuss this there

I am sorry, just saw this after my reply a minute ago. I thought it was on topic though because I was asking about the OP's seat and where he got it etc... Sorry if I am off

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Seems to me your on topic. We're all talking about boat seats and giving examples of what we've done. I'm sure people asking would like to hear about and see in pictures what others have done so they can make an informed decision on what to do with their own boats.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I am sorry, just saw this after my reply a minute ago. I thought it was on topic though because I was asking about the OP's seat and where he got it etc... Sorry if I am off
You asked SeaRider about his setup, not the OPs, Chopperbills

Seems to me your on topic. We're all talking about boat seats and giving examples of what we've done. I'm sure people asking would like to hear about and see in pictures what others have done so they can make an informed decision on what to do with their own boats
They probably would, but buried in 1 giant Seats in an Inflatable topic makes it more difficult for anyone to find info about any one setup.

If, as I asked Alan, you started a topic about your boat's setup and seats, anyone that liked that setup could ask you directly by posting in your topic to discuss your setup.

Same for SeaRider. If he"d posted a link to HIS boat, seats and setup topic, In Mariner could have gone there and discussed it there, rather then here.

If Chopper wanted to contribute to this discussion, he would have, he's been on iboats many times since starting this topic.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm still here. Just haven't conquered my seat situation yet. We just use our boat in the winter in AZ. Have all summer to work it out. We just cruise up River to the damn and float back down. Just lounging around. Probably we are a minority in our inflatable use.