What did you do to or with your Inflatable Boat / SIB today?

FargoJoe

Cadet
Spent a couple hours searching for a very basic plastic swivel oar lock for an old Sevylor and wondering why nobody carries them anymore...

Neuner

Seaman
No I did not. I will be heading out tomorrow though. It seemed really fast though. I actually passed a boat for the first time and then died right in front of him.lol

Have you tried out the seat with your wife and how did it do? Mine is starting to sound the same so I'm looking into options.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Spent a couple hours searching for a very basic plastic swivel oar lock for an old Sevylor and wondering why nobody carries them anymore...

Those Seavylor with thermowelded oar locks usually are not available as spares. Does your sevylor happens to have welded orarlocks or you plan adding one at each side ?

Happy Boating

Neuner

Seaman
After getting the trailer hitch extension put on I built the bunks for the trailer and mounted the winch and post. Now I need to seal or paint the bunk supports before I install the marine carpet.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
After a year and a half and only had boat out maybe 8 of those months I had to put new tires on my launching wheels. Can't believe how cracked and bulging out they got so short of time. And the were out of the sun most of the time.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally got my boat, motor, and gas can to fit on my 500 pound rated hitch carrier. We are taking a trip to Panama City and my wife likes to pack the whole house when we travel. So now she has the entire SUV to load up and have my carrier for my baby. It is also so nice always keeping the outboard upright. It was always a pain to lay it on its side on the hitch carrier so that is an added bonus. Here is a video of it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g2uWjjXHmAI

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Any updates? Did you get it and were you able to take it out yet?

Bad news, the new 450 Rib was hull damaged by forklift when uploaded into container at asian port or when unloaded from container down here for Custom's clearance or during the freight truck upload to be sent to final destination.

Sear Rider 450 Rib.jpg

Can't determine where the damage was done. Insurance is already taken care of it, front keel has holes, hull has nicks, scratches, keel protector is shot, fiberglass work and a total repaint is mandatory to look as new. Will sell it once completely finished and keep the current 450, but with installed new driver seat & locker update.

Happy Boating

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Oh man that is really bad news. You must have been sick to your stomache when you saw it.

Neuner

Seaman
It was always a pain to lay it on its side on the hitch carrier so that is an added bonus. Here is a video of it.

Gwozhog - have you tried driving around the neighborhood with it yet taking any steeper drive entries? Afraid you may have the engine leg and prop too low so that it drags at certain angles or drops. We use to carry our outboard and gas can on a hitch carrier as well and the back edge of it would drag on the pavement under certain circumstances.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Luckily didn't got rid of the previous 450 Rib before unpacking the newly arrived water toy, would say that my stomach ache went much lower...LOL

Yep, was thinking about same issue, in that case could tilting OB to shallow water operation, will need to tie lower leg onto something as will surely raise if encountering a bump of some sort while being towed.

Happy Boating

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's a foot off the ground and yes I did some test on some drive ways to see how close it came. The 4 runner has an extremely high hitch receiver. My wheels have 20inch rims so that makes it even higher. It works like a champ. Surprisingly very sturdy too.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Maiden voyage day for the Aprex 12 footer. She held up well in 5 to 6 foot seas for a 16 year old.. Got her to 29mph on back bay flat water. The boat moves fast with thw 15 honda it came with. Engine runs great but wont idle and only starts with choke. Slow speed jet??

I had an issue last year with not idling too. It didn't get solved until I soaked it in Yamaha carb cleaner,sprayed it with carb cleaner then blew it out with air. A rebuild and two spray cleanings wouldn't do it. You might want to do a rebuild since you would be taking it apart anyway. Make sure you adjust the float level with the body of the carb...service manual is a big help. Good luck!

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
Nothing ruins a day like heading to the DMV.

Scoured the internet for Texas trailer licensing info. Called into the DMV concerning unanswered questions and clarification. Got a list from them of items to bring and how much it was going to cost. Even got cash so didn't have any check or credit fees.

Right up to the desk and presented info thinking it'd be a breeze. Dude says I need to have additional forms, pictures taken, to swing by a weigh station for verification and then an inspection station to verify the trailer. All this for a $225 trailer with a gross weight of 1500 lbs? After telling him of my extensive research which included a conversation with his department, had to start an argument and call out the bull-sphit.

After a while, got the additional requirements waived. Became even more pissed when the registration fees came out more than half the cost of the stupid trailer and more than double what I was quoted on the phone and what I had in cash. Thank you for charging an extra 6% for having to use a credit card since you lied to me.

Sorry, just needing to vent.

That sucks and since I have to register two trailers,one being home made,I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe the office here will be better since they've been good in the past.

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
I finally got my boat, motor, and gas can to fit on my 500 pound rated hitch carrier. We are taking a trip to Panama City and my wife likes to pack the whole house when we travel. So now she has the entire SUV to load up and have my carrier for my baby. It is also so nice always keeping the outboard upright. It was always a pain to lay it on its side on the hitch carrier so that is an added bonus. Here is a video of it.

Really nice build gwozhog!

alanfox55

Chief Petty Officer
The only thing I've been doing with mine is cleaning,treating and starting once a month to run fresh gas into it. Sometime this summer I will get to my motor,30hp Mercury 2 stroke,and fix a gear problem. Last year when I took off the cover I caught it on the gear shifter and put it half way into gear. I didn't see it when I started it up and it did a lot of grinding before it went into gear fully. After that it had a ticking noise while in forward gear. I took it to the lake but could only get it up to 3500 rpm when it would get loud. Didn't want to do anymore damage so I put it back on the trailer and took it home.

All is not lost though. Last summer I bought a 15ft Scout boat,that's the make,with a 70hp Johnson on it from a friend cheap,cheap,cheap. He bought the boat new in 1995,used it once,parked it and never used it again. I've already started the motor but it needed carbs cleaned and rebuilt which I just did. A lot of little things I've been doing to it and still a few things to do but I expect to have it in the water early May. 81.JPG#24.JPG

pgnyc

Seaman
Hello boaters ,
bought the launch permit last month and change the oil and gear oil today .

Ready to go !