What did you do to or with your Inflatable Boat / SIB today?

Neuner

Seaman
Anything you did, drove it, broke it, fixed it, or improved it!

Post up

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
None of the above, just ordered a new Sea Rider 450 RIB with dark grey hull & tubes with a nice high seat placed aft for confy tiller driving. The main reason is that previous same one which has light grey hull & tubes gets dirty very quickly and needs constant cleaning which I'm already fed up with. Should be Ribbing end of january if carrier doen't sink on its way from the factory.LOL

Happy Boating

Neuner

Seaman
Very cool.

Continued working on building new transom wheels to replace the pathetic plastic ones we have.

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
Look at it rolled up in the garage waiting to get to AZ for the winter. Health problems have me delayed.

Igyjastabay

Seaman
Maiden voyage day for the Aprex 12 footer. She held up well in 5 to 6 foot seas for a 16 year old.. Got her to 29mph on back bay flat water. The boat moves fast with thw 15 honda it came with. Engine runs great but wont idle and only starts with choke. Slow speed jet??

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Engine runs great but wont idle and only starts with choke. Slow speed jet??

Needs a immaculate interior carb clean to idle properly. On cold starts and re starts you always need to choke carb.

Happy Boating

Neuner

Seaman
No Title

Got the wheels done but will have to wait until we pull the boat out from storage to mount them.

Attachments

• photo234557.jpg
    photo234557.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What size engine are you going to use? Congrats on the new incoming too.

None of the above, just ordered a new Sea Rider 450 RIB with dark grey hull & tubes with a nice high seat placed aft for confy tiller driving. The main reason is that previous same one which has light grey hull & tubes gets dirty very quickly and needs constant cleaning which I'm already fed up with. Should be Ribbing end of january if carrier doen't sink on its way from the factory.LOL

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Gwozhog,

Will stay with current 2 strokes 2014 Tohatsu 18 HP long shaft OB, performs very nice with up to 3 medium weight boaters, maximizing prop pitch for better hole shot and bumping up max wot rpm does help.

Happy Boating

Igyjastabay

Seaman
I miss my 2 stroke. That 18 must fly. By the way rebuilt carb and sure enough low speed jet was clogged. People are scared of working on 4 strokes, but i will say this Honda 15hp was the easiest carb rebuild by far that i have done.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

My new seat I attached for JackO today.

Attachments

• photo234727.jpeg
    photo234727.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 0

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would love to see a pic of your engine underneath the cowell.

I miss my 2 stroke. That 18 must fly. By the way rebuilt carb and sure enough low speed jet was clogged. People are scared of working on 4 strokes, but i will say this Honda 15hp was the easiest carb rebuild by far that i have done.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Gwozhog,

Looking at seat picture assume that you're driving port, right ? if so, 2 issues : As prop turns right or clockwise will inbalance boat to port, the inbalance will be worst if you tiller drive sitting to port side, that will happen when you're alone. At that port driving position won't see OB's peeing port as port should be located at right from engine when seen from back engine. If lower leg water intakes achieves some form of obstruction, plastic bags, debris, banana peels ,etc won't see peeing indicator port and could have a serious OB overheat.

Ind Tach Install.JPG

Under the cowl, Tohatsu 18 HP.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Its a pasenger seat. However the seat does swivel so it can be mounted on the starboard side too. I prefer to sit on the tube when im crusing. I had to come up with something for the wife. She still said the only way she is getting on my inflatable is if im taxing her to a yacht that has a helipad on it.

Neuner

Seaman
I like the seat. Did you bolt it to the bench? Has she tried it out? I may have to do something like that for my wife when I get a trailer setup.

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought a 1 inch tall swivel and mounted the top part of it to the seat and bolted the bottom part of it to the seat with 1 1/2" bolts The seat has plenty of room to swivel 360 degrees without touching the tubes.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
That set up seems very flippy backwards, is the transversal seat just hooked onto side patches ? Assume you're using a tiller extension to drive that combo ?

Happy Boating

gwozhog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Pretty solid. Might be a bit more stress on the slip joint but not to much from my 115 pound wife. I always do also use a tiller extension too.

Attachments

• photo234912.jpg
    photo234912.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0

Igyjastabay

Seaman
I would love to be able to have a seat, but for now the tube works fine. I have used 2 and 4 strokes, Nissan (tohatsu 4 stroke), Johnson (2 stroke), The Honda 4 stroke that I have now is by far the quietest. Sounds like a happy cat. Very impressed with Honda. Today I tested a higher pitch prop and definitely made a difference in speed on flat water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoFd9vbf7bU